StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of replacing the stock exhaust with a Two Brothers set of pipes on my DL1000. Is there any other mod I must make at the same time (fuel re-map or something) or can I just install these straight away and go ride?

·
Registered
392 Posts
You will want to get a power commander or modify your stock ECU (yosh or teka) because the TB exhaust will make the bike run lean.. and LOUD!

·
Registered
6 Posts
brokeMBA, I have a Two Bros exhaust with Power Commander on my 07 DL1000. The bike certainly benefits from the Power Commander.

In the city I putt around as not to draw attention to myself from local law enforcement and the exhaust is still quite rude. On the freeway or anything above half throttle and its downright obscene. I think its louder than strightpipe Harleys. I feel like I have the worlds loudest exhaust - thanks Two Brothers Racing.

On a side note, the wind noise from my HJC helmet is louder than the exhaust, so I have to wear hearing protection anyway...

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just put a set of Akra's on my K8-V and it works great without any other changes. Some people recommend PCIII and other stuff, I haven't found it necessary. In fact, I think my Vee runs even better with the Akra's.

I had a set of TB slipons once, but they were WAY too loud. The Akra's have a melodious, deep rumble that is very pleasing to the ear (mine, anyway!).

Peter

·
Registered
2 Posts
sorry for my newbie question....:confused:

from the selection of a stainless steel, titanium or carbon fibre....which does produce louder sounds???

*p/s - planning on getting my K8-Wee "as loud as possible"...:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts