StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd add a note to say, if you've been thinking about doing the SV Racing Parts upgrade, do it. I had a big 4 day camping trip to the western VA mountains this past weekend and did the job just before the trip. I had accumulated all the pieces and set about doing the job. It took about 2 hrs. And the difference is remarkable. In the mountains where you are grabbing a handful of brakes and hoping you slow down in time for that big hairpin, well now you have to 2 finger it so you don't over do it.

I'd gotten some Nissin calipers off ebay a couple years ago and recently bought some Galfer SS lines that someone was selling here. Then ordered the SV Racing Parts adapters and fast bleeder for the master cylinder. All went together well.

I was following a 2010 Ducati Multistrada all weekend and found myself crowding him more than once. The guy is a very fast rider and was as surprised as I was. The brakes inspire confidence now and let's me brake a lot later.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Sounds good. Any braking improvement is a plus. Which Nissin calipers did you buy? Did you snap any pix?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I did this mod with the same Nissin calipers. I rebuilt my calipers before I installed them, but I didn’t get the stainless lines. My calipers has one seal that was twisted but other than that they were all fine. Did you upgrade the pads as well? I noticed a difference compared to the old calipers, but I think the stainless lines and sintered pads will really complete the upgrade.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is my next upgrade. I am well familiar with what “great brakes” feel like from my ST1300 (which I still own and ride) and find the brakes on my 2007 Wee sorely lacking in two-finger finesse (or any finger finesse). I am going to start trolling fleabay for calipers. Anybody have an recommendations on whether to go Nissin vs. the Tokico’s from the SV?

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is my next upgrade. I am well familiar with what “great brakes” feel like from my ST1300 (which I still own and ride) and find the brakes on my 2007 Wee sorely lacking in two-finger finesse (or any finger finesse). I am going to start trolling fleabay for calipers. Anybody have an recommendations on whether to go Nissin vs. the Tokico’s from the SV?
Nissin, hands down. They are very much a premium caliper, especially compared to the Tokicos.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did this upgrade on my SV. It really cam alive when I added a Brembo MC. If I had to do it again, i would buy a Brembo and lines first. The calipers alone did not make too much difference on mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts