StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I had a Bandit 1200, one of the best upgrades was to replace the stock rear suspension with a Hayabusa shock. Is there another Suzuki application that would work with a 2014 DL650? I'm not spending Big $$ on a new Penske or other app, just want improved suspension at a decent cost. My problem with stock is that is seems to handle the big bumps well, but is harsh on small cracks/seams at highway speeds.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
How do you like it? Impressions? Anything done to the forks?
I like it. It is an improvement to me. Firm but not harsh. I also raised the back end. I tour with 90 - 130 pounds of additional weight on the back and the oem wasn't handling it well plus with the side stand down it was standing near vertical on the level and on cambered road/street you had to be real careful how you parked.

I haven't done the front, yet. It needs it, so maybe next year.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I had a Bandit 1200, one of the best upgrades was to replace the stock rear suspension with a Hayabusa shock. Is there another Suzuki application that would work with a 2014 DL650? I'm not spending Big $$ on a new Penske or other app, just want improved suspension at a decent cost. My problem with stock is that is seems to handle the big bumps well, but is harsh on small cracks/seams at highway speeds.
I can't help you regarding finding another placement that would fit.

I put a DL1000 Ohlins on my DL650 and it was a huge improvement, especially two up. Got it on C-List for 800.

Several people have been happy with Sasquatch rebuild and a spring meant for your weight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts