StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just got back from a weekend trip to the TX hill country. 880 miles on this trip and the bike is fine , better than fine. From mile 517 , when I changed the oil
and filter, to about 1100 miles, it burned about a pint or less of oil. I see now I will have to order a Givi Aeroflo windshield. I had one on my GS so I know what to expect.
They work. The bike was loaded up with side bags and a 70litre camp bag, thanks to Rick's side supports , my saddle bags stayed put. Mpg was from 42 to 48 with the wind
blowing like hell all three days. The motor seems to get smoother and smoother.

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
Heading there on Saturday from Florida. Any must ride roads?

Weird that you burned oil. My bike has 30k miles on the clock, and I've never burned a drop.

·
Administrator
13,809 Posts
Heading there on Saturday from Florida. Any must ride roads?
My guts says that if you are coming from Florida the likely answer to your question would be:

"All of them." :)

..Tom

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
337, 336, 335..

These are the roads that are most popular. There are many other fine roads as well. Ill try to get a screen shot of a map insert and post it up.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
map

337 is the longest , it starts at Medina and runs west to Camp Wood. It is very curvy with elevation changes. 336 starts at Leakey and runs north to a tee with Hiway 41. Turn west on 41 and burn over to 335 about 10-15 miles. Head south on 335 to Barksdale, just above Camp Wood. 39 runs from Kerrville to the west andtees with hwy 83. Hwy 16 starting at Fredrichsburg, going south thru Kerrville to Medina . These are favorites but there are others as well. Enjoy.

ps map didnt turn out so well

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
How fast are you going to cause it to burn oil? My bike never burns any, 24k on it now.

Hey just got back from a weekend trip to the TX hill country. 880 miles on this trip and the bike is fine , better than fine. From mile 517 , when I changed the oil
and filter, to about 1100 miles, it burned about a pint or less of oil. I see now I will have to order a Givi Aeroflo windshield. I had one on my GS so I know what to expect.
They work. The bike was loaded up with side bags and a 70litre camp bag, thanks to Rick's side supports , my saddle bags stayed put. Mpg was from 42 to 48 with the wind
blowing like hell all three days. The motor seems to get smoother and smoother.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Real fast at times. A lot of 80mph and above. Not worried about it.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
The oil is probably pulled through the crankcase breather.

Be careful with the Givi AeroFlow windscreen. You might get as speeding ticket, the bike seems so smooth and quiet as it rips down the road. Works very well.

Reactions: Bugs

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hill Country

Everything southwest of Kerrville Texas is pretty nice. Leakey is a nice little town as a base. I stayed before at the Leakey Inn and had a little rustic room. Food was near by. Kerrville otherwise has the big motels.

Helping out with the map:wink2:

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts