StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, guys we let the trip to Saint Augustine fall apart but that is history. Its time to set up another ride. I'm open to any ideas. Clem mentioned a trip to the panhandle a while back. We still could run to Saint Augustine, Any other ideas? We've done nothing since Christmas. I'll do the grunt work but I need ideas. Bikeweek is coming up soon. Maybe a RTE on one of the Saturdays over there. Curt

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would like a ride to St. Augustine since I live here. :-D

Lots to see and do, and good eats along the beach

Woody of St. Augustine
05 Weestrom

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Bikeweek

Bikeweek is coming up soon.
:thumbup:

I was wondering if Stomtroopers wanted to meet-up somewhere around Daytona during Bikeweek? Socialize and have a show of force. I'm
going over for a couple of days.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bike week

How about setting up a lunch meet on the 6th. Im open to suggestions as to a place. Im going over to check out the new bikes at the racetrack. Will probably get there before 8 am. Curt

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
How about setting up a lunch meet on the 6th. Im open to suggestions as to a place. Im going over to check out the new bikes at the racetrack. Will probably get there before 8 am. Curt
I'll be there on the 6th, weather permitting, and trying to get there early enough to score a demo ride at the track. I'm cool with lunch but I'm no expert on Daytona eateries. Last year I ate at an Uno's Pizza across the street from the track but someone else may have a better suggestion.

Maybe troopers should meet and park at the Suzuki area at the track. Hopefully Suzuki will be making an appearance. They and other manufacturers were missing at Biketoberfest last year.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bike week

meeting at the suzuki tent sounds like a good Idea. Im planning on being there between 7 and 7:30am. I also want to sign up for a couple of rides. In October, Clem, Patricia and I ate t a Checkers across from the track. Im also not an expert as to what is in Daytona. Curt

·
Registered
776 Posts
Saturday 3/6

We could meet at the Yamaha booth 3/6 for those going early. For those that want to meet for an RTE, lets meet at Stavro's Pizza on Ocean Blvd at 1PM.

:google: 1350 ocean blvd, Ormond beach , Fl

We will be leaving St. Pete very early for that those that want to ride to "get there" say 5am.

·
Registered
603 Posts
We could meet at the Yamaha booth 3/6 for those going early. For those that want to meet for an RTE, lets meet at Stavro's Pizza on Ocean Blvd at 1PM.

:google: 1350 ocean blvd, Ormond beach , Fl

We will be leaving St. Pete very early for that those that want to ride to "get there" say 5am.
Clem, are you riding through or near Clermont on the way? We could meet up if you want.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
meet up

Greg, If we leave Seffner at 5:30, we should be at the US 27-I4 intersection about 6:10 or 6:15. Does that work as a meet point? Curt

·
Registered
58 Posts
3/6 Daytona

Sure would be nice to meet up with you guys again. I have never been to Bike week. Where do we stay?
I'm still scratching the mosquito bites from our Flamingo adventure. :0)
Bob

·
Registered
603 Posts
Sure would be nice to meet up with you guys again. I have never been to Bike week. Where do we stay?
I'm still scratching the mosquito bites from our Flamingo adventure. :0)
Bob
Hey Bob. If you needed a place to stay in the Clermont area you could crash at my townhome.

+1 on the mosquito bites. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
Watch yer langwidge!

... in the Clermont area you could crash at my townhome. ...
Um, perhaps a well-traveled youngster like yourself could apply a more propitious verb???

I hope I will be free to participate in this expedition, and the more conversation there is, the more appealing I find it.

Keith

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bike week

KEITH, seffner Flying J at 5:30 on the 6th. The Flying J ia about 500 yards north of I 4 on CR579 at exit 10. !0 is the first exit east of I 75

·
Registered
603 Posts
Um, perhaps a well-traveled youngster like yourself could apply a more propitious verb???
Keith
All the asphalt and surrounding structures are very soft and forgiving in Clermont (Jewel of the Hills), so we rarely use our side stands, but rather elect to drop our bikes wherever we stop. This has three positive effects:
1) Picking up your bike builds up your leg and back muscles
2) Side stands last much longer than the average motorcycle side stand
3) Keeping your bike on the ground doesn't interfere with the beautiful views

With all those considerations in mind, the use of crash is a very favorable verb for the situation although I commend you on working the word propitious into a motorcycle website. :hurray:
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
58 Posts
that propitious word

All the asphalt and surrounding structures are very soft and forgiving in Clermont (Jewel of the Hills), so we rarely use our side stands, but rather elect to drop our bikes wherever we stop. This has three positive effects:
1) Picking up your bike builds up your leg and back muscles
2) Side stands last much longer than the average motorcycle side stand
3) Keeping your bike on the ground doesn't interfere with the beautiful views

With all those considerations in mind, the use of crash is a very favorable verb for the situation although I commend you on working the word propitious into a motorcycle website. :hurray:
:mrgreen:
I had to look that one up. Always like to learn. Still love the star education I received from Professor Keith while at Flamingo. Bob

·
Registered
776 Posts
Are we meeting at Stavro's Pizza at 1:00 PM for and RTE In Ormond Beach?

1350 ocean blvd,
Ormond beach , Fl

Just thought I'd revive the thread. I plan on being at the speedway to ride the KAW z1000 very early then meeting at Stavro's.

hope to see you there

Clem

1 - 20 of 61 Posts