StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:) Hi Everyone, As with the original DL650 abs models released in 2007 through 2011 I have been working diligently with my good friends at Galfer to get us a solution to the ongoing need for an Extended Black SS Top Front Brake Line so that we can all install and use Up and Back Handle Bar Risers on our 2012 DL650 abs models,

Sadly, Suzuki went and removed the ability to swap individual front brake line components and reverted to the completely hard plumbed systems used on the 2004 - 2006 and all model years of the DL1000.

Because all the joints are now hard plumbed the ability to use my $49.95 Single Black SS Extended Top Front Brake Line Kit for the 2012 models as the solution is not possible on this model,

This means that the only way to get the Extended Top Front Brake Line to accommodate any up and back risers is to use the unique private part number kit that I have worked together with Galfer to develop.

The only way to get the Extra Length you require to mount and safely use up and back risers on the 2012 DL650 abs is the Lifetime Guaranteed, Galfer Full SS Conversion Kit at $249.99 and $10 Flat Rate Shipping,

I have had to purchase 10 of these kits from Galfer in advance in order to be able to create a private part number for my fellow Stromtroopers and save everyone who orders the kit in the future the custom line fee for having the Black SS Extended Top Front Brake made up every time someone orders it.

This is not the Standard length Full line kit we did for 2007 - 2011 DL650 abs also available on the website, This 2012 Kit is unique and has all the correct length lines for the new model including the Top Front Brake Line for the Up and Back Risers regardless of the ones you prefer,

I stock the GenMar up and back but these kits work with Rox and all others I am aware of.

They are available through the website at SVRacingParts.com Go in Under For Stromtroopers then Under Brake Products and choose, 2012 DL650 abs Front and Rear SS Brake Line Kit,

Or you can Email me Directly at [email protected] and I will get you looked after right away,

Let me know whenever you are ready, I will get you looked after right away,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thanks Blair, that's a change I might like to make in the near future....I'm still recovering from sticker shock and picking up some of the must haves like crash bars and skid plate...............TD

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Does anyone know how big of a bar-riser can we install on the new wee WITHOUT extending the lines?
Doesn't look like much to me, maybe 20mm straight risers with no offset. Still, that may be enough. I've got some 20's on order from TT.

·
Registered
9 Posts
GenMar risers

I'm new to this website and am looking to buy the 2012. Am I reading this correct that my GenMar risers will not work on the new 2012 without a $250 kit to extend the brake cables?

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:) Hi Everyone, I have seen members get by with with one Up Risers and that is it. With those members I have using One Up Risers, they are watching the Front line fittings for signs of stress in the fitting where the hose joints.

As soon as you go Up and Back, you are pulling the top line way too tight,

I wish there was another safe route we could all go but with the Lines all hard plumbed together Suzuki eliminated the option,

Remember the line starts off already 2 inches shorter than the line on the DL1000 or the earlier non-abs DL650 models. and they have to stretch to make Up and Back work without going to Extended Front Brake Lines Kits,

I have set the pricing and organized the private part number with Galfer so that we all get the best deal possible on the Full Front and Rear DL650 abs line sets,

Let me know whenever I can help out,

Blair

·
Registered
87 Posts
In time, some trooper will devise a "penny" fix for this BS issue. I'll wait.

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:) Hi Mo, I have shipped over a 1000 of the DL650 abs Black SS Extended Top Front Brake Line Kits to my fellow Stromtroopers at $49.95 as a low cost solution to this very problem since I worked together with Galfer to develop in when the abs came out in 2007, so you can be 100% sure that if there was a safe and simple way to extend the line I would have it out for all of us now,

I agree that is disappointing that Suzuki did not provide a joint anywhere for us to pull a line off of,

Like premium quality suspension it is not in everyones budget to upgrade the full system but for those who can it is Lifetime Guaranteed and does provide full SS system benefits to the brakes,

You can also be sure that if we can find a workaround that meets the Galfer commitment to Lifetime Guaranty and liability issues that is a sweet and simple solution like the one I have for the earlier abs models it will be available here on Stromtroopers first,

Blair

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi, I had the Private Part Number Galfer Lifetime Guaranteed Black SS Lines Kit made up for my fellow Stromtroopers with the Extended Top Front Brake Line included so that we could get a good price break,

Here is the link,
SVRacingParts.com

The kits are $114.99 Stromtrooper priced and they are in stock ready to ship.

Email Directly at [email protected] if you need any help at all,

These are excellent parts that will serve you well,

Blair

·
Registered
575 Posts
I dunno. I'm not much of a wrencher, but I bought SW Motech inch up and inch back risers and the dealer put em on without any changes to cables/lines. Everything's been working fine for a thousand miles.
Ride safe.
g

1 - 13 of 13 Posts