StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in the UK we are told that the Strom is very popular on the European mainland and that we Brits prefer sports bikes. How many of us are there out there ?

Interestingly Triumph have introduced a much more road oriented Tiger about which there have been murmurings that we ,the British public ,are disappointed with it because its not traillie enough ! I sat on one at the NEC show and thought that it wasn't very pillion friendly . Looks terrific though.

Europhobes might like a UK section , any thoughts? Only joking ,but we are on a seperate island from the rest of our continental cousins.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My memory of Brits and sportbikes.

At the risk of inviting Alan Partridge jokes...

When I was living/working in Norwich last year, I mostly saw guys riding sport-type bikes. I thought it rather goofy that every morning, guys would wake up, dress in full track leathers, ride to work through East Anglia, and finally arrive at work... the heartbeat of English motorcycle hooliganism: Norwich Union Insurance (corporate galactic HQ, downtown N'wich).

Perhaps sportbikes are what people, other than the Hairy Bikers, think of when they think about motorcycles. Just as in most of the USA, motorcycle=Harley.

Hrm...
Fritz "Aha" Lowrey

·
Registered
324 Posts
The UK is full of dumbass saddos who think they have to be on a sportsbike so they can "belong".
Any sunny Sunday you'll see them wobbling to the nearest cafe and then posture outside it all day with the front of their leathers unzipped to let their beergut flop out.
Then if they do actually go somewhere for a run they'll invariably end up crashing....but it's never their fault of course. When I lived in Mid Wales every Sunday in Summer it was like "The Killing Fields"....cos most of these assclowns have no idea how to ride on rural agricultural roads.
Fortunately mainland Europe has a different outlook on bikes where useability and versatility are more important than assuming the first day in prison riding position.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts