StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hasn’t been any activity from UK troopers in this section for a while. Are there any still around?

I have had my Wee for years. We are both originally from Dublin but have been in Madrid for several years now. Moving in-or-around the London area at the start of January. Hope to see some of you on the road!!! :thumbup:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Banned
29 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Just signed up myself. Are you importing a European registered VStrom to ride in the UK? Might bring a French K8 over if it works out to use when here. Wondering if the head lights dip level or with a bias for driving on the right or left. MOT guy might spot if wrong and replacement lights don't look cheap. Are there any other differences between UK and European Stroms could prevent use and registration?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi and welcome to the forum. Just signed up myself. Are you importing a European registered VStrom to ride in the UK? Might bring a French K8 over if it works out to use when here. Wondering if the head lights dip level or with a bias for driving on the right or left. MOT guy might spot if wrong and replacement lights don't look cheap. Are there any other differences between UK and European Stroms could prevent use and registration?
My bike is originally from Ireland so the direction of the lights is not an issue for me.

You won’t be able to import a bike with the lights dipping the wrong way. I think you have to get a garage to sign off on the change before applying. Either way, lights alignment is tested during the MOT and they will most defiantly spot it if wrong.

I know from when I moved to Spain that new light module can be expensive. Your best bet is probably to try and find a breakers yard / 2nd hand parts dealer once in the UK.

On the stock bike (assuming it’s from Europe – you will need the CoC), the only other difference is the speedo needs to be in mph.

Other than the lights and speedo it just has to pass the MOT. You can find the inspection manual on-line.

·
Banned
29 Posts
Brought the bike into the UK and sorted lights with used. Speedo has marks for 30 40 60 and 70 mph stuck on the lens which tester was ok with. Said foreign vehicles runabout here without even those so not an issue. It needs something doing to the cclutch as frightening noise at idle. Any ideas. Followed some work (think it was here) years ago for vibration while riding but can't find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts