StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, over the past couple days I began to notice that my DL650 was shifting harder. I am one of the fortunate few who up to this point never had any of the well documented issues shifting. This issue was probably getting progressively worse for sometime but I didn't notice it until last Saturday. Anyway, yesterday I decided that I needed to look at the clutch and possibly adjust it. Having that I've never performed this on the Strom or any other bike, I pulled out the handy dandy manual and began going thru the steps. After I removed the clutch cover I figured out what the issue was. The bottom locknut that holds the cable to the housing was laying at the bottom of the cable, resting on the doo-hickey that the cable end slips onto. I'm not an expert by any means, but this just didn't look like the drawing in the book. After a couple of adjustments and test rides I happily found the adjustment I was looking for! Now I am back to shifting without denting the top of my foot in and I can actually find neutral without shifting up and down 73 times! If I had been thinking I would have taken a photo of my find at the time I discovered it since the drawing in the owner's manual and the one in the service manual both stink. :x
Anyway, thought I would share this and maybe add it to the things you may want to check from time to time.

~Mike

·
Registered
292 Posts
Good find! If you need help posting the pic, shoot me an email and I can host it for you: bill at thejonesnetwork.net

I don't mind hosting stuff like this that could help other people :)

Z

·
0 Posts
Hey Mike,

Thanks for sharing.

Doesn't it feel great to fix something yourself?

My "fix-it" ability is only average, so for me, it's a great feeling of accomplishment when I can actually get the job done.

Enjoy your "new" ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts