StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate the way the front headpipe looks on the V-Strom. Any body have a fix for that? I might try having it power coated this winter! To bad you couldn`t get a skin for it like on Harleys. I don`t really want it chrome but anything is better than the burnt look!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hmmmm. I had the dealer install a mudflap on my front fender before the bike was even started, and my pipe looks great. It has all the nice pretty colors you woiuld expect of stainless steel, but no ugly mud stains or anything.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not the dirt or road grime that I don`t like, its the color. I took it off last night and took a green Scott brite pad to if. I now looks like it did new. I!ll know after this weekend if it goes back to the ugly color again. I put a Power Comander on it and richened it up so maybe it will stay uncolored.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I use a metal polish, very fine, like mothers or eagle one after each wash. The pipe has stayed pretty much as it was when new.

cheers

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've seen several post from 'our US cousins' complaining about their pipes 'blueing' etc. I've had mine since Spring this year - so far, no discolouration - looks like new. Is this a US thing? Maybe a good poll topic?

Al

·
Registered
213 Posts
It's a stainless steel exhaust pipe. Exhaust pipes get very hot and discolor. That's the way it's.[/waltercronkite]

I just put a fresh polish on my system. It's fairly easy for me cuz I have polishing wheels etc at work. :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't even washed miy bike for a least two months. Just ride it! :cry:

·
Registered
360 Posts
kamloopsal said:
I've seen several post from 'our US cousins' complaining about their pipes 'blueing' etc. I've had mine since Spring this year - so far, no discolouration - looks like new. Is this a US thing? Maybe a good poll topic?

Al
US bikes typically are set with a fairly lean idle mixture to pass EPA tests. This can cause some excess discoloration.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I put the Motech crash bars and skid plate on my bike. The skid plate covers the head pipe.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I haven't even washed my bike for a least two months. Just ride it!
That's my usual wash schedule..... but its been too dry here (untill very recently) and I haven't been able to keep enough dirt/mud on the pipe to cover up the tint on the pipe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts