StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is what happened the other day when my daughter was with me.
http://www.stromtrooper.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41217&stc=1&d=1371453611http://www.stromtrooper.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41225&stc=1&d=1371453715http://www.stromtrooper.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41233&stc=1&d=1371453831
now its time for a new tyre and i been wanting to put a road/trail 80/20 tyres
my question is,
do i need to replace the front tyre as well so i can go onto very light trail roads(unsealed back roads) some time?
(front tyre is almost new by the way)
can also anyone recommend particular tyre?(brand,pattern etc.)mines are dunlop.
thanks for any input.have a safe ride

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
You do not need to replace the front tire. I run Shinko 705, but my next tire will be Bridgstone's BT023 Realshelby recommended to me.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
WB, matching the brand doesn't matter.

I tend to pick the newest tire model of a particular type. Assuming the tire makers are continuously improving the design of the tire and chemistry of the rubber, the newest ones will be marginally better than older designs. If that holds true, the Michelin Anakee 3 is the current best 80/20 tire on the market.

We don't hear much about Dunlop tires. The little we do hear puts them in the middle of the pack or maybe a bit below middle. It could be that their owner, Goodyear, didn't put much R&D money into the motorcycle tire business.

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
15,498 Posts
I've run many sets of 023's on a variety of bikes but not the Wee. It's a good street tire and my mileage has varied from 10500 to 4500. I think I started to trust them and went gonzo in my riding habits. I typically wear the sides before the center of the tread.
As far as mix and match, it doesn't matter from what I've experienced. I currently have a Tourance rear and a Battle Wing front.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank for all advice.i've decided with Dunlop D607 but they replaced by new one called trailmax TR91 which I have read good reviews.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have been running Dunlop Trailmax TR91 tyres about 700 miles and am not impressed. Ride on dirt & gravel every time I'm out but rarely over 20% of total miles. Dunlop's seemed rather costly relative to what alternatives are available. As they are fabricated in France, no doubt the slow freighter that transports them to the western coast of USA adds to cost. Seem no better than origninal equipement treads.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm running the Dunlop Trailmaxes and so far have had good experience with them, but almost exclusively on road. They have nice grip and are wearing at a reasonable rate (not too fast). More serious off road I can imagine them not being great; they're not quite dual-sport tires like the michelins, bridgestones, or shinkos-- the Trailmaxes are much more street oriented.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts