StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you Strommers using for anitfreeze brand/type and best source if online shopping is advisable even for such a small ticket item? I have a 2007 Wee. I'm replacing my Water pump and didn't order the thermostat at the same time. duh. I have 30k miles. Is it a good idea to replace the thermostat since I'm already draining the cooling system?

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
What are you Strommers using for anitfreeze brand/type and best source if online shopping is advisable even for such a small ticket item? I have a 2007 Wee. I'm replacing my Water pump and didn't order the thermostat at the same time. duh. I have 30k miles. Is it a good idea to replace the thermostat since I'm already draining the cooling system?
Scroll down to post #204 and read on from there. The story and photos may be helpful to you.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/v-strom-modifications-performance/61301-black-labs-2011-bike-modification-thread-21.html

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
I just put in Zerex Asian Vehicle antifreeze/coolant. It is pre-mixed with water, so just pour it in. This stuff is the silicate-free product the Asian engineers prefer, and has corrosion inhibitors designed for a five year life. That said, these cooling systems seem to be very tolerant of any antifreeze.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts