Strom Trooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motorcyclist dies after collision on Oregon 212 | kgw.com Portland

I don't understand how the SUV was passing the motorcycles, and then struck them both. Seems like running people over and passing them are two different things. Unfortunately it sounds like this was an unavoidable event for the motorcycles. It must be tough to loose a buddy like that while just riding down the highway together. :bom_sad3:

"HAPPY VALLEY -- A motorcyclist died after a collision early Tuesday evening on Oregon 212 near Southeast 142nd Avenue, according to the Clackamas County sheriff's office.
Names of those involved have not been released.
A Mazda SUV and two motorcyclists were all traveling the same direction 212, police said. The SUV driver was passing the motorcyclists and struck both.
One cyclist was thrown from the bike onto the pavement then run over by the Mazda. He died at the scene.
The SUV driver and the second biker were not hurt. They both remained on the scene and cooperated with police. The collision remains under investigation."

·
Super Moderator
12,983 Posts
Sad.

Not much for details but I bet he tried to pass both, didn't see oncoming traffic and came back into the lane between the bikes. Bumped the trailing bike and was going fast enough to rear-end the leading bike tossing the rider off and then running him over.

..Tom

·
Registered
181 Posts
Dang thats only a few blocks from here. It's a pretty busy 4 lane road. Hard to say what the cause was just sad it happened.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
If it was west bound then they probably just made the left off 224. there is always some idiot trying to jockey for position in that little streatch.

If it was east bound chances are the suv was trying to get into the right lane to make the 224 split. thats a pretty common thing there. I am through there on a daily basis.

If you live in a rural area you know that point on the road where drivers become combative, this is the stress point for commuters coming from far east county.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I almost got hit there last night by someone changing lanes. I was on the brakes and 4' off onto the shoulder to miss them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts