Strom Trooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again guys, I'm trying to install bar risers and as many have reported, the front brake line seems to be the limiting factor. 1. Under the front fairing, behind and above the front wheel there is an anchor point for the front brake line. It comes off with an 8mm (I think) bolt. Is there any drawback to taking that off? This alone get's me just about where I need to be. 2. If I do decide to change the front brake line, I notice that while there is a banjo type fitting at the master cylinder, on the other end it ends in some kind of a small box. What's that all about? How would you change the front brake line? Thanks!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Just route the stock line up thru the triple clamps. There are many threads on the subject. Dont open the circuit if you don't have to because bleeding the air out can be a pain.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh gotcha! I did do a search but so many threads came up I didn't know where to start. Thanks for the tip:smile2:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hi again guys, I'm trying to install bar risers and as many have reported, the front brake line seems to be the limiting factor. 1. Under the front fairing, behind and above the front wheel there is an anchor point for the front brake line. It comes off with an 8mm (I think) bolt. Is there any drawback to taking that off? This alone get's me just about where I need to be. 2. If I do decide to change the front brake line, I notice that while there is a banjo type fitting at the master cylinder, on the other end it ends in some kind of a small box. What's that all about? How would you change the front brake line? Thanks!
Galfer sells a new stainless braided brake line kit, and if you don't want to replace all three lines you can buy just the top line in an extended size. I think that'll run you about $54. AdventureTech is one of many places you can buy it.

And watch *THIS* short video for more info on the full kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts