StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the carbon 3/4 system for my Dl650XT in November, having read that with some adjustment, it would fit with the OEM rack, and got installed just fine. Now, I’m seeing the carbon unraveling where the can meets the pipe, and have since read that carbon canisters on big twins can cause them to fall apart from the firing characteristics. I’ve also read Two Brothers won’t help with the issue except to sell you a new can. Too bad, so sad for me. Should have researched more.

My question: is the end of the pipe provided in the 3/4 system universally sized/shaped/located so that any old aluminum slip-on will mount up? Looking for options, as I can’t find a part number for the TBR aluminum/titanium canisters that are options with this kit. If all else fails, I’ll call TBR and see what they can provide.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE: Reached out to Two Brothers. The exhaust is still under warranty, and they had no problem sending me a new titanium sleeve to replace the carbon unit for free. Just need to drill the old rivets and reassemble, as you would for a repack. Awesome customer service!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts