StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh, by the way I'm a new member and have been surfing around for info on my bike and this is the place to be! Well, on to what's interesting. I just called Two Brothers Racing today inquiring about a DL650 exhaust system and after talking to their R&D department, I was told that the model they had to work with was taken back before they could fit an exhaust on. So what he said he'd do for me was if I took my bike in there, left it for three days, I'd have a brand new fitted Two Brothers Racing exhaust on there! I'll post a review sometime next month, I take the bike in the first of March.

-Kenny

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now that is cool. Let us know what prevails.

I talked with FMF this weekend. They have a pipe in the works for the 1000 (overdue) and the 650.

Brendan

·
Registered
355 Posts
Okay, I've gotta confess. I had a non-motorcycle-aware friend who was looking at my wrecked DL650. She asked if the wreck sheared off the left-side exhaust.

Doh. Visually, that's one of the weirder things about the 650 compared to the 1000.

I loved the FZ6 exhaust, especially for adding luggage. Oh well.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
soft luggage

Oh yeah, how would luggage work? I'm thinking of adding some soft luggage (any suggestions?), would they just go on lopsided?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got the bike back!

It's been a long time coming, almost a month, but I finally got my bike back from Two Brothers...

Installation: This part will require some special tools or a trip to the local shop. The old exhaust can has to be lopped off for the new can to be put on there.

Looks: Well for some reason they put the C2 small oval type can on there which I thought was a terrible choice. It looks way too small for such a big looking bike. I'd recommend going with one of the larger options.

Sound: Here's where it gets good. The bike definitely sounds like it has some balls behind it now. The change is amazing, from der-der-der-der-der to bom-bom-bom-bom-bom. Sounds great. It may be a bit too loud for some though. I'd be self-conscious riding down a neighborhood street late at night.

Performance: They said the bike put out an extra 4.something horsepower up top, but I'm not really one to notice. I'm still in the break-in phase as well so I haven't really ventured up there. They also said more torque but that's not particularly noticeble either. The major benifit is probably the weight savings, the stock bit is HEAVY while the TBR can looks svelte in comparison.

Overall: I like the can. Love the sound. Don't think I would've actually put money down on something like this in the future though. I'd rather spend it on some nice luggage or some other bit, but for the people that just have to have the deep throaty exhaust note, this can does not disappoint.

Good- Deep, throaty exhaust note
Great can for the money
Shiny

Bad - C2 can too small (just pick a bigger can for the same price)
Sound may be a bit loud for some
Will require metal cutting so some of you may need to take it to a shop

1 - 6 of 6 Posts