StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled the trigger on a TB S1R slip on today:smile2:
How many of you guys are out there with that slip on, saw a couple vids on youtube, sounds just great. My last bike was a 2008 KTM Superduke and it had an italian aftermarket slip on when I bought it, sounded like a dragster!!! Hope that TB will not be as loud:wink2:

·
Registered
47 Posts
One of the first upgrades I did and I really like it. My buddies riding behind me said it sounds great! Weight savings was more then I expected.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rcbimmer:
Cool. Did you just put it on like that ,without any changes in the fuel map, like PC or something like it. Is it just running nice? I have a K&N air filter. Hope it will run nice without any additional work. Did you see a change in fuel economy?
Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just added the pipe. Fuel milage stayed pretty much the same, love winding this bike out! Very happy with this pipe.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WWOOOOWWWWW!!!
The TB S1R pipe arrived.
I'm very impressed with the quality, the finishing and the overall looks.
Put it on in 10 minutes, started her up and couldn't believe the sound produced by my V-Strom!!!
It is a very low growl, and not too loud, just right.
Also the bike looks so much better with this exhaust.
10 out of 10
Hopefully it will be riding time soon, can't wait.

·
Registered
111 Posts
WWOOOOWWWWW!!!

The TB S1R pipe arrived.

I'm very impressed with the quality, the finishing and the overall looks..

Have any Pics?

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have the same pipe. I think it is the best on the market, in terms of quality, sound, and bang for the buck. I did quite a bit of research before I bought it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys, i just want to ask if the sound of this pipe is almost same as in youtube, i mean we all know two brothers made that youtube video.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Believe me, the pipe sounds as good or better in real life!!
Went today for a 2 hour ride, saw my mechanic on the way and he couldn't believe the sound that came out of it. A lot of money, but the grin factor when you roll on the throttle is worth it.:grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BTW, it was my first reaction too after seeing the youtube video. I was thinking that they must have "tweaked" the sound at least a little. But no, that's what you get!!
I couldn't be happier, always thought it was not sounding right with the stock muffler, but didn't wanted to have another SuperDuke with twin MIVV Sunos on there either. It was sometimes embarrassing to leave the house early in the morning, or come home late at night, and wake up all your neighbours:frown2:
The S1R is just right, a low growl at a decent volume!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks a lot Kuno, i am in search of a pipe right now on my 2015 vstrom1000. i have watched video with arrow pipes but seems too loud and sounds rumble, i am also considering the SC project pipe but could not find test video yet on how this sc project sounds. I dont want to have a pipe thats also quite, atleast i want to be notice as well on the street, i hope the S1R is not that quite.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yoshi and arrow headers ftw!

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I'd love one of those pipes but my yearly farkle budget is gone on items for my DRZ400. Idid get a new windsheild for the strom though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Someone with this pipe needs to make a video other than the company promo one.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Does the AK come with the upswept addon pipes? Like the look but am happy with my Yosh being down low and away from the luggage.
Oh wait a minute. That's not a V2.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts