StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Congrats on your new bike! May all your days be trouble-free.

Once I read about your crash, I sort of promised myself a louder can. If one can not be seen, then a little sound may help.

...Of cource, in addition to my motorcycle mantra:
"Drive as if everyone else were complete idiots".

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Noise

There is no evidence that a louder pipe will help you be heard or seen. They do sound cool, though.

S

·
0 Posts
As I think was the case with Ted, a louder pipe could have made the woman driving the car aware of him.

Maybe...

S

·
0 Posts
Shite. There goes my argument for a pipe. I'm still getting one though. As Kidder said, "they do sound cool". :)

L

·
0 Posts
Loud pipes do work IMO

And the reason is that I started riding sport bikes & Jap bikes and I always had people pulling out in front of me. Then I started riding Harleys and of course the first thing I did was put on straight pipes - they can't be to loud! No more pull outs - I have had 5 HD's in the last 7 years. Now I'm going to buy a Vstrom and the first thing I'm putting on it is a set of pipes. I realize a lot of people say that the sound travels behind you, but if this were true - how come you can hear a Harley before you can see it? Plus I'm pretty damn sure no one is traveling faster than the speed of sound! BOOM! (sound barrier...snicker...snicker) :lol:

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Harleys

I think the reason cagers are always watching out for Harleys is because they don't want to hit oil slicks or have parts hitting them in the windshield. :twisted:

S

·
0 Posts
luv2ride has got a point. People in general recognize the Harley-look as a ... eh .... "proper" bike. Whereas everything else is considered "cute".

Blame it on Hells Angels, Bandidos and "Easy Rider".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts