StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody in this great country of ours has any experience with Twisted Throttle, I was in essex Jct yesterday and picked up one of their catalogueswith all kind of luggages and they have just the right kind of mounting bracket for the Givi i want to get, any toughts?

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
T~w~i~s~t~e~d~T~h~r~o~t~t~l~e?

If T~w~i~s~t~e~d~T~h~r~o~t~t~l~e? is who you're referring to, I bought my SW Motech center-stand from them.

They seemed OK, and I ogled the stuff in their catalog too, but for some reason, they're on-line shopping system wants to overcharge me shipping for a U.S. address that I use (I live in Ontario). They just said "that's weird" and suggested I call in any future orders. It is unlikely that I'll bother.

- Martin

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Martin, that was exactly who I was talking about, so i guess it's back to the search for the Holy Grail of the Givi canadian dealer for the best price eh! :?

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
You might want to check out Shad luggage, have it on my Wee and am very happy with it. Can be ordered from any canadian dealer that works with motovan.

Wayyyyyyy cheaper than givi as well.

Check out www.motovan.com if ur interested.

Cheers!

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you buy from the US make sure you specify shipping by USPS. If you ship with any of the couriers like U*P*S of FE*DE*X you will pay a huge brokerage fee. Trust me I know.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got a good price

While I was waiting for my tires I went in the showroom of ADM in Quebec City and got a price for the mounting bracket for the two side cases(E360 Givi) for my Weestrom, 454 plus tax. I was pleasently suprise since i was looking at the Caribou at 699US plus shipping.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have purchased thru T T, they were great, knew there stuff, shipped to my door in about 4 days. A buddy of mine also had the same experience. I will use them again...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Their website says UPS only, but if you call and place the order they will ship via USPS on request to Canada.

on a related note about UPS's obscene brokerage fees.
http://www.poynerbaxter.com/UPS.htm

the firm is also going after FEDEX too, possibly a bit of ambulance chasing, but good on them. There is no reason for the horrible fees they charge to broker stuff except that it's a cash cow.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Their website says UPS only, but if you call and place the order they will ship via USPS on request to Canada.

on a related note about UPS's obscene brokerage fees.
http://www.poynerbaxter.com/UPS.htm

the firm is also going after FEDEX too, possibly a bit of ambulance chasing, but good on them. There is no reason for the horrible fees they charge to broker stuff except that it's a cash cow.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
One of the U.S. sites I ordered from had a decent amount of shipping info and said USPS was the cheapest but would take longer for delivery. Less than 3 weeks later my parcel arrived, I can live with that. Also had 2 parcels from New Enough in Texas via USPS. Less than 3 weeks for delivery on both items, as a bonus there were no Gov. levies on one item which made me smile a bunch.
UPS has had a cash cow long enough, hopefully the courts will teach them a lesson worth remembering.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
One of the U.S. sites I ordered from had a decent amount of shipping info and said USPS was the cheapest but would take longer for delivery. Less than 3 weeks later my parcel arrived, I can live with that. Also had 2 parcels from New Enough in Texas via USPS. Less than 3 weeks for delivery on both items, as a bonus there were no Gov. levies on one item which made me smile a bunch.
UPS has had a cash cow long enough, hopefully the courts will teach them a lesson worth remembering.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts