StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Twisted Throttle Storm Cases - Customer Experience Update

Wow! Shortly after posting this, I got an email from Twisted Throttle and everything has been resolved! They told me that problems with a supplier of the locks prevented them from continuing to get the locks they needed in keyed-alike sets. They said they can no longer offer the keyed alike sets as they had originally. Because the product was not as I ordered, they also offered to refund a portion of the cost so I can afford to get them re-keyed to match. :hurray: :mrgreen: My faith in twisted Throttle is restored, and that's a good thing because they carry all manner of great stuff for V-Stroms.

So my opinion has totally changed. Twisted Throttle came through and stood by their product and had some great customer service.

Look for a review of the actual cases and adaptors shortly.

What I originally wrote is below.

"I recently ordered the "deluxe" Pelican Storm side case set from Twisted Throttle. I am very dissappointed. Based on my experience, I would advise everyone against ordering from these folks.

First, even though I ordered the correct kit for a Givi rack, some of the included bolts and nuts could not be used. The bolts were too long and the nuts had flanges on them which impinged on the mounting points on the Givi rack. This caused the bolt to become crooked when the nut was tightened and the nuts couldn't be brought flush. To their credit, even though they didn't reply to my email about this issue, they did send me an email stating that new bolts and nuts are on the way. :thumbup:

The second and even worse problem was that the cases and adaptors are not as advertised. Both in their printed catalog and the video on the website, they state that if ordered as a set, the rack adaptors and bags will be keyed alike. They are *not* keyed alike. I didn't notice until everything was assembled, but there are 2 different sets of keys. I don't know of any definition of "keyed alike" that means "having 2 different sets of keys." :confused: I've owned both old Vetter cases and Givi cases, and having them all keyed alike was a *huge* convenience. Not having these keyed alike makes them much less convenient to use and really detracts from the value.

I emailed them and simply asked them to make it right by providing me with 4 locks keyed alike or refund me enough money to cover having a locksmith re-key them all to match. When I email to them to correct the "keyed alike" issue, the emails go unanswered. Based on the response about the bolts & nuts, they do see my emails, but choose to ignore this one."

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I am glad everything worked out. However, ranting on Twisted Throttle should not have been the target. The target should have been Givi, they can and do mess-ups are common. I don't use their cases anymore do to screwups QA issues etc. I fail to see what Twisted Throttle did wrong Not answer an email soon enough? Maybe they did not even know it was a problem, even during installation you failed to notice it. They made it right that is all I hope for with a vendor

·
Registered
238 Posts
The wife and I have never had problems with TT. Their a good crew and the owner is a Strommer here I believe.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have only ordered from Twisted Throttle once, but there was an issue with my order. I called the number listed on the receipt, and spoke with a very pleasant woman who made it right immediately. I will order from them again.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Email is not the best way to resolve issues with any company. Talk to a real person.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had visited their show room while on vacation in Newport last year. Bought a few items and they offered to install on my bike while I waited for no charge. Great people and great customer service. I look forward to visiting them again!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you missed the point.

HappyPuppy -
Maybe I was not clear in my post. The adaptor kit for the cases was not a Givi product. The Givi mounting system that bolts to the bike went on fine. It was the Twisted Throttle product that was defective. On their website they say they developed it themselves, so they should have checked the fit of all the parts before they shipped them. The issues with with the actual Twisted Throttle product were:

1) They claimed their kit would fit the Givi rack, but there were obviously issues. They should have tried it out before shipping out to folks.
2) In both the printed catalog and their website, they claimed that all would be keyed alike, but they were not. Another Twisted Throttle issue.
3) They were fast to send the replacement bolt, but slow to acknowledge the problem with the locks.

The moral of the story is that there were some issues with the product, but Twisted Throttle did their best to remedy them after the fact. I give them full credit for that. :thumbup:

I am glad everything worked out. However, ranting on Twisted Throttle should not have been the target. The target should have been Givi, they can and do mess-ups are common. I don't use their cases anymore do to screwups QA issues etc. I fail to see what Twisted Throttle did wrong Not answer an email soon enough? Maybe they did not even know it was a problem, even during installation you failed to notice it. They made it right that is all I hope for with a vendor

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Been there, done that.

Calling them was actually the first thing I tried, but Murphy stepped in. Due to the time difference (I'm in Cali) I had to call from work from my voice over IP office phone. The call seemed to go through, but nobody ever picked up after about a million rings. I tried several times. I didn't learn until a later email that some voice over IP phones have trouble with their call routing system, so I couldn't get through.

Not really their fault or my fault, it was just one of those things.

Email is not the best way to resolve issues with any company. Talk to a real person.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts