StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you Canuckistanians who shop at AVC, this announcement from November, and a comment from TT I borrowed from another forum.

Twisted Throttle Acquires Canadian Motorcycle Accessory Dealer A Vicious Cycle - Motorcycle Mojo Magazine

"Hi There folks.

This is Kevin from Twisted Throttle. Here are two important points about this merger that should have a positive impact on motorcycle accessories in the Canadian marketplace.

Gives us a location to have a warehouse in Canada. We will be able to ship product directly to Canada from our suppliers around the world. One less border crossing to potentially impact the price of the goods.
Understanding of the Canadian market. We have worked for years with A Vicious Cycle (AVC) but having them help guide us to a better understanding of expectations of customers and local laws and regulations is invaluable.

We see the Canadian market as a strong place to have a presence. We are commiting to the canadian motorcycle rider by making this move. Twisted Throttle and AVC are two very different companies and it will take us a little time to get up to speed. When we do though, you will be very happy with the results.

Kevin

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thanks for passing this on. I've been a customer for the last five years or so. I see this as positive.

·
Administrator
13,570 Posts
"A Vicious Cycle" has been a gret place to deal with. This merger sounds like a win for everyone involved!

(I love Dual SPort Plus just find I don't get down to their area much and they have not had any real support for Shipping.)

..Tom

·
Registered
518 Posts
I can't say I'm too happy. I've bought a lot of stuff from Eric, a lot of stuff that was and wasn't Twisted Throttle gear. I guess I'll be doing more shopping at Dual Sport Plus and GP Bikes in the future.:furious:

·
Registered
253 Posts
I can't say I'm too happy. I've bought a lot of stuff from Eric, a lot of stuff that was and wasn't Twisted Throttle gear. I guess I'll be doing more shopping at Dual Sport Plus and GP Bikes in the future.:furious:
There are no plans to stop selling anything that A Vicious Cycle was already selling. Also, Eric is still with AVC.

Kevin

·
Registered
81 Posts
After this past week I can't wait to ride out there. Not necessarily to buy anything, just to ride out there. I've bought pretty much everything there and hopefully this just adds value. Congrat's Eric.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I find Canadas Motorcycle cheaper, for example I just purchased my first "farkle"

VStream Windscreen
Canadas Motorcycle - $178.64 with taxes and shipping
A Vicious Cycle - $204.59 with taxes and shipping.

$25.95 savings

I was also looking at a Yausa battery and Tourance front tire and found Canada's Motorcycle to be cheaper for those items as well.

I bought all of my gear from Canadas Motorcycle and the return process is as easy as it gets as well as I had some sizing issues.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I agree that Canada's Motorcycle have excellent prices. I usually buy my riding gear from them. I always have good service.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
yeah they seem good to deal with, although a vicious cycle seems to carry a lot more farkles for the Strom so I am sure I will be placing an order with them at some point before spring haha.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
spoke to soon about the windscreen lol. I was looking at my credit card statement online this morning and the charge from Canadas Motorcycle was refunded. When I look online it says my order is cancelled...

No idea why, they have not notified me about anything! Not like I am in a hurry for it but still seems odd that they would cancel my order, give me a refund and not tell me why!

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Not like I am in a hurry for it but still seems odd that they would cancel my order, give me a refund and not tell me why!
If they couldn't get the item from their supplier in a reasonable amount of time, they might have felt it best to refund you. Not terribly good customer experience to not even reach out with an explanation though. Oh well, now you can check other screens! I enjoyed my 22" Madstad screen until I broke it, then I returned to enjoying the stock screen on the Madstad bracket. Now I have a CalSci screen, but I haven't mounted it yet (waiting for *slightly* warmer weather).

As for the merger -- if Eric remains, it sounds like a good move. I appreciate anything that reduces duties.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts