StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my first attempt at documenting a ride, so... be gentle with me. :mrgreen:

I was to ride down to the Kerrville area to meet up with a friend of mine from Lubbock, and a bunch of his firefighter friends, so we could do a "wildflower" type ride. This was to include the semi-famous "3 Sisters", or more appropriately, the "twisted sisters" of the hill country just west of Kerrville. The sisters are three county roads (farm to market?) that are all connected in and around Leakey (pronounced Lake-ee).
The plans were to meet them in Fredericksburg at noon on Friday, have lunch, ride some of the roads around there, then go back to the motel in Hunt that evening. The twisted sisters would be on Saturday. A co-worker friend of mine, Shane, decided he wanted to make the trip, so the two of us cruised out of Allen, Tx around 5:30 Friday morning, trying to miss the crazy commuter traffic through Dallas.
We met with the group on Friday, after swinging by to see the Enchanted Rock just north of Fredericksburg, (very impressive) and rode several backroads north and east of F-burg, somehow ending up in Luckenbach. Yep... Luckenbach, Texas... just like the song says.
more to come, still working on pics...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a view of Enchanted Rock. Supposed to be one solid chunk of red granite. I think it covers maybe 60 acres or so.

This is me in front of the main (only?) store in Luckenbach. I didn't see Willie anywhere.

Something you don't see every day...

Here's the whole crew eating a late lunch in F-burg

Heading for the motel in Hunt..

Looking off the patio area at the motel... the water was cold.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Great area to ride. Especially if you hit it on a weekday so the crowds are small.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts