StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ma Nature was tolerant, and despite the weathermen's best scare tactics, we were able to have a dry (if a little humid) first gathering of Twin Cities Stromtroopers today (Sunday, May 25, 2008 ).

Members who made it on this holiday weekend: stevet, revel22, uncledave, rowen, wloescher and mtlee (hosted). We spent most of the afternoon checking out each other's bikes, riding gear and farkles, but I think we all managed to resist actually sniffing each other's butts:

(note the attention-getting "the shindig's here" flag hanging from the basketball hoop)

After having a little lunch, we mostly just chatted it up and didn't really get to any tech stuff. Stevet, revel22 and I played with suspension settings to figure out what's what, but didn't get beyond that. Maybe next time...

Gents, it was great meeting you all, and I hope we can get together again somewhere central to all of us. Stevet, looking forward to a RetroRoast Cafe meet!

The gents and their rides:

mtlee, stevet, uncledave, wloescher, revel22 and rowen

Here's a link to a full size image

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
mtlee,

I'd be safe to say that on behalf of all in attendance, thanks so very much to you and your wonderful bride for hosting a bunch of dust eatin', trouble raisin' biker types such as us. (Tongue in cheek, all of us were most civilized and on our best behavior.)

And what a great lookin' group of 650's!

To those of you who were there in spirit because your bodies were needed elsewhere, we had a great time and we'll have to do this again in a few weeks so we can all put more faces with names. Maybe around to different areas of town just to mix it up. A great time spending a couple hours telling lies and sharing experiences. I think we all want to hear about revel22's big trip coming up in a few weeks!

As mt alluded to, I had the idea of meeting up again, maybe in about a month, at a little mom-n-pop sandwich/soda joint in Loretto called Retro Roast & Fountain- http://www.retroroast.com/ Neat place, even the spur line railroad guys stop their train next to their shop to grab a bite to eat. A few folks wondered about a weeknight rather than a weekend, this might be an idea. They are open until 9:00pm Mon-Sat. Chime in with your thoughts and a good day (weeknight, weekend). Loretto is west of Minneapolis, south of MN Hwy 55 on C.R. 19, north of Lake Independence, next to Medina.

Hope to meet more of you next time!

·
Registered
800 Posts
I just got back from the UP, 1,700 miles of fun. Sorry I missed you Techday.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Looks like fun. Wish I could have been there. Had to come down to Yuma, AZ for some military stuff. Another time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts