StromTrooper banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
There's more than one common mounting option as well. For road bikes it's typically at about 7-8 o'clock on the rear sprocket, but on pure dirt machines people often mount the nozzle on the front sprocket instead as it's then far more protected from getting hit or snagged and the extra oil spray under the bike is irrelevant.
I'll be mounting on the rear sprocket when I get another one.

·
Registered
508 Posts
We have a thread on this site with several installation examples. I recommend buying direct from the company and buying only their oil. Love mine, trouble free, just fill it once a month.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,246 Posts
Good advice. Looking at the Tutoro instructions makes the 2nd guess of what I thought I'd seen of other installations a mistake. The illustration makes it plain and simple to avoid pinch points. Thanks.

·
Administrator
17,100 Posts
Yea, I had read that. That is why I asked. If any one knows where I can buy one please let me know. I put a deposit down on this View attachment 271983
Had a feeling that a 1000 was gonna be the bike of choice, the Tuturo oiler is what I run and won't ever own a chain bike again without one installed. Simple design and it simply works, what you decide to run as a lube inside is very much up for debate. :)

·
Registered
649 Posts
I keep reading the title of this thread as

Turbo installation on my 2016 DL1000

I had a Tuturo on my last bike (Blackbird) and you just have to find the sweet spot. I don't think I ever did (I owned it for a year)...I always had to wipe off my rear rim before taking a photo. :)

I think I'd destroy one if I mounted one on my Strom. I mean, I've already broken a chain, destroyed a transmission, and bent my front rim in 3 places. That poor Tuturo would probably be broken on my next ride!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
You can get a stone guard for them now, a little metal sleeve that fits over the reservoir. The trick is to mount it somewhere out of the way but not too inaccessible. My last one was a little too accessible since I had a bad tendency to kick the lid off when I mounted the bike. That was my own fault though.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Where can I buy one?
Hmmm there doesn't seem to be an agent in the US. Try the site direct online. That is where I purchased from.

·
2015 DL650
153 Posts
Guard Pics

I've attached my chain guards and heat shield installs. I cant figure out why the heat shield pic wont straighten up, sorry about that. usually i can save it and it will straighten.

In the chain guard pic, you'll see it is 2 pieces. I started off just with the rear piece, about 45 deg and about 5". This took care of the top case fling. The side piece was added afterwards. The side piece hasnt done much about side case fling, but its there so i left it. Needs to be down further. For the time being, i rub a wd40 rag across the back of the side cases.
Thanks for the pics and tips on installation. I have ordered a tutoro oiler, your insight will be very helpful. Cheers!

·
2015 DL650
153 Posts
I installed the Tutoro Oiler this week and used your install as a guide. Thanks again for posting your learnings, they were very helpful. Mine is not as professional, however it is a better setup given your insight.

Cheers,
Erik

21 - 29 of 29 Posts