StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For many the Wee bars are a tad too low. Years ago I installed a couple of stock type handle bar clamps upside down under the bar, which gave a rise of 3/4". All was well until I started using a Zook gel seat, which is a higher seat. Often felt a bit of strain between the shoulder blades.

Just installed a set of Tusk risers, they give you 1.2" of rise. If you have raised your fork tubes, you will have enough play in the front brake hose, otherwise you might have to remove the upper hose clamp to allow enough slack.

With these well made and inexpensive (20.00) risers, all is well again, and no back pain.

If interested: Tusk Handlebar Riser Kit | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Cheers!

·
Registered
300 Posts
This is just what I was looking for! Mainly I wasn't sure about re-cableing. Plus I'm a fan of Bubbles so you have great credibility with me! Cheers.....

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Noticed Tusk has a 3/4" riser too....can run either 7/8" or 1-1/8" bars...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Noticed Tusk has a 3/4" riser too....can run either 7/8" or 1-1/8" bars...
I've been using the Tusk fat-bar adapters/risers since last year. Great product, especially for the price. I might sell mine at some point and get some Rox risers though, since I'd like the bars a little higher for standing (I'm 6'3" with a 34" inseam). For someone of "normal" height, the Tusk risers are probably ideal.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I just got my 7/8" risers in the mail and put them on the Strom. Man, am I happy with these risers! For just $27 shipped, you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just wanted to update after my install.. Never spent a better $25 in my life, not only is my 12' Strom far more comfortable to ride after installation my elbow pain is completely gone no matter how much I ride.. I highly recommend these to anyone. :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
+1 on the Tusk risers. I got the 1" 30mm risers and put them on this afternoon in about 30 minutes. Super easy and really help maintain a neutral riding position with the 4" of foam I have strapped to the seat.

·
Registered
118 Posts
2012 wee ADV

Stock cables worked fine when I popped them out of the wire catchers. Installed the 30mm risers and the position is much better. After I got my bike back from the shop I found all the cables tucked back in after a week of riding, so I didn't even need to do that in the first place.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just wanted to update after my install.. Never spent a better $25 in my life, not only is my 12' Strom far more comfortable to ride after installation my elbow pain is completely gone no matter how much I ride.. I highly recommend these to anyone. :thumbup::thumbup:
Hi, I was wondering… Which ones did you order ? 15 or 30 mm ? I am about to order a set myself, but I worry about the brake hose clearance … Did you have to take it off one of the clamps as previously suggested by some of the other members ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Update: Well, I ordered the 30 mm Tusk handlebar risers, and had no trouble at all to install them. I just had to unclamp the brake hose, and yes, it´s true it´s a little bit on the stretched side now. I guess 25 mm would have been better for that matter, but then I should have spent a few more bucks to buy the SW Motech handlebar risers, since Tusk does not offer a 25 mm option.
Anyway, I am pleased with the Tusk option. Best bang for the buck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do they help with forward lean. It seems like I am on my palms more than I was on my KLR. Or does the height help that and make you sit more upright?

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
Rocky & Bullwinkle.........

I don't see the DL650 listed anymore........part # please?? I have a Rocky Mtn Account.......for example: can get the DR650 30mm Risers for $16.00 plus drop-shipping costs straight to your door. Shipping might hurt ($7-$8) unless you order more products and have them shipped all at once. If you see something there you like, give me a PM shout with Part Numbers and I'll see what RM charges me......you can have it at my cost. I've already ordered a few $100 worth Tusk Panniers and Racks for member's here!! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
I don't see the DL650 listed anymore........part # please?? I have a Rocky Mtn Account.......for example: can get the DR650 30mm Risers for $16.00 plus drop-shipping costs straight to your door. Shipping might hurt ($7-$8) unless you order more products and have them shipped all at once. If you see something there you like, give me a PM shout with Part Numbers and I'll see what RM charges me......you can have it at my cost. I've already ordered a few $100 worth Tusk Panniers and Racks for member's here!! :thumbup:
These should work: 1274820002

I actually got mine off fleabay though for $21.95 with free shipping. If I had enough of a RM order to get free shipping I would have ordered them there.

I painted mine black and they have been fine for a couple years now.

·
Registered
306 Posts
2013 vee650
Can someone confirm that my 2013 650 has 7/8" handlebars.
I bought it online a couple of months back and haven't seen/picked it up yet

1 - 20 of 23 Posts