StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back from Africa on Friday and installed the new Cee Baily Windscreen and Happy Trails Cascade Panniers yesterday. Now the Wee is an Enduro-Sport-Cruiser-Tourer - yeah, a Quad Sport.... :thumbup:

Before the new additions yesterday.

After adding the bags and windshield. Windshield is a 15 minute job and I was kind of worried about the frame and bags with what I had read about the Happy Trails system. There was no mismatching of holes or anything. Quality of the product was top notch and an easy installation. About an hour and a half to install the frame and pannier bags - everything fit perfect. Just leave bolts loose until you have everything on and then tighten everything down. Actually took longer for me because I had to stop now and then because of the heat....but I am VERY pleased with the way everything went together.

The final product - a Quad Sport...hahahaha.

· Registered
674 Posts
I have a similar Cee Bailey screen, and the happy trails panniers... my only gripe with the screen is that it blocks too much wind, and while I'm not buffeted I also don't get much of a breeze across my torso and helmet in summer. Small problems to worry about, though.

The panniers were mounted by p/o, and I think they are fantastic.

Looks good... enjoy!

· Registered
118 Posts
Very nice setup. How much do the locks protrude on the inside of the panniers? Any chance of a picture?

Thanks

· Registered
220 Posts
From the title of your post I thought you'd added an extra set of wheels!

Maybe training wheels is what I need so the Wee won't be inclined to take so many naps...

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BobbyLee, here are some shots of the lock on the inside. There are two fasteners on the front and back and the keylock in the top/center. The lock on the inside does not go past the bottom of the box top. Extends down about a half inch.

· Registered
335 Posts
In China, that bike right there would be used to carry fi'teen people with their lunchboxes into town. Maybe even a baby in a paint bucket swingin' on the back.

Yesseree.

:thumbup:

· Hmmmmm
1,322 Posts
Looks like a job well done! I had the same experience mounting my HT's, I did fiddle around fitting the heat shield. Some guys take it off and leave it off but I wanted to leave it on.

I had heard negative things about mounting the HT racks but a little common sense go's a long way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.