StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, my neutral light and my turn signals are out. The rest of the console looks OK.
I had most of the front off the bike and likely missed plugging something back in. Aren these on a single cutcuit or do I have to go searching the wiring?

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
Like the title says, my neutral light and my turn signals are out. The rest of the console looks OK.
I had most of the front off the bike and likely missed plugging something back in. Aren these on a single cutcuit or do I have to go searching the wiring?
If the neutral light is out, AND the turn signals, AND you had the front of the bike apart, I would look at the BIG PLUG as being the source of your problems. It is possible, that if you unplugged it to remove the front end, you may have bent over a couple of the pins when reconnecting it.

B.L.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the fuse.
Unfortunately, after replacing it, it re-blew as the aux. lights are taking their switch power off that and they are screwed up.
I'm going to re-wire them, replace the fuses and try again.
I did check both the large black plug and the smaller white one.

I don't want to take it all apart again :bom_bigcry:

R

·
0 Posts
It was the fuse.
Unfortunately, after replacing it, it re-blew as the aux. lights are taking their switch power off that and they are screwed up.
I'm going to re-wire them, replace the fuses and try again.
I did check both the large black plug and the smaller white one.

I don't want to take it all apart again :bom_bigcry:
It shouldn't be too hard to rewire or test the aux. switch power wire....
I'm not catching the meaning of "screwed up".
There are usually only opens, shorts or grounds.
Assuming the relay used for the aux. lights isn't causing the problems, it should be a piece of cake.
Hopefully whoever did the wiring used different coloured wires for each part of the circuit.
Don't you just love it when you get a bunch of wires and they are all the same colour?

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found it.
Ground wire from illuminated switch was shorting out.
The horn didn't work because I pulled the wire off while I was working.
Duh.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
Found it.
Ground wire from illuminated switch was shorting out.
The horn didn't work because I pulled the wire off while I was working.
Duh.
Excellent!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts