StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m attempting to install the Smart Turn System on 2014 Dl1000. Need to identify the wiring coming from the turn controls in order to do so. Can anyone definitely identify what each wire from the 8 wire harness and the 4 wire harness? Or have the diagram that would identify them? I did follow Rustler63 thread which helped me to get to this point but the harnesses and wiring appear different. Thank you for the help!
0569BC4A-17F6-40C0-859F-9D0E1F188907.jpeg
9C0DA8EC-A1F5-4DC3-ADFE-8B7259E2E4AF.jpeg
51DA6140-1AA1-4048-9B4E-C1D37DBA8EE5.jpeg

·
Administrator
6,210 Posts
The wires to your indicator switch are black, light green and light blue and clearly shown in your second image.
The black wire goes to your LH indicator and the light green to your RH indicator, front and rear. They all have a black/white stripe earth return.
The light blue wire is from the turn signal relay. Power gets to the turn signal relay via a brown wire.
Your bike may be different, maybe.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Which wire do you have to interrupt? one from the flasher going to the signal light switch? I've been thinking of ordering one of those devices, just wondering how he makes the lights stop flashing while the switch is still in the left or right postion.

·
Administrator
6,210 Posts
I have never installed one and I have to agree. Even though the handlebar switch returns to center it still needs to be pushed in to return the interior block to the off position.
Here is an Amazon link but no technical detail on how it actually works. Amazon.com: Smart Turn System - STS, Automatic Turn Signal Cancelling Module, self Cancelling System: Automotive

Boredom warning! The second video has 13 minutes of useless prattle on "my life" and other important (to him) trash so go directly to 13.40sec for anything interesting. WHY to video junkies need to turn 3 minutes of opinion into a 17 minute trash talk?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts