StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing pre-season maintenance and found the black turn signal button on one bike is missing, just a flat slotted bar sitcking our. The signal works just fine, just the button is missing. Biikes are '08 DL650's non-ABS

There is no button on the parts fiche, just the entire switch assembly?

Where can I find just buttons?

TIA

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any suggestions on a fix? I'm looking to put a thick rubber host with small internal diameter on the little flat metal bar that the button was attached to.

But I'm sure there are better solutions...

·
Registered
16,005 Posts
Off the top of the headbone I'd suggest checking an electronics outlet and see if they have anything you could adapt.
The bocther in me says take a spray can button and cut a slot in it and epoxy it on.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Off the top of the headbone I'd suggest checking an electronics outlet and see if they have anything you could adapt.
The bocther in me says take a spray can button and cut a slot in it and epoxy it on.
Here in a small town in the tropical mountains of the Dominican Republic there are certain things that are in short supply, like electronics outlets...:biggrinjester:

I found a simple and somewhat elegant solution: A valve stem cap, epoxied on:

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
I found a simple and somewhat elegant solution: A valve stem cap, epoxied on:

What air pressure have you decided to run your switch at? It would be nice to see how much tread life this switch gets, and whether it scallops, saw-tooths, or wobbles, over time.

Keep us posted.

:)biggrinjester:)

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What air pressure have you decided to run your switch at? It would be nice to see how much tread life this switch gets, and whether it scallops, saw-tooths, or wobbles, over time.

Keep us posted.

:)biggrinjester:)
I'm having trouble installing the Dyna Beads. Any suggestions? Otherwise the switch will wobble when I go fast...:biggrinjester:

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
I'm having trouble installing the Dyna Beads. Any suggestions? Otherwise the switch will wobble when I go fast...:biggrinjester:
My suggestion is to stay away from the Dynabeads! At some point, one of those little devils will force your switch open, and everyone will think you are going to make a left turn, when you are actually going to make a right!

Don't balance the switch. Just leave it mounted the way it is and use it. The bike doesn't travel fast enough to merit balancing the switch. (However, I would suggest snugging up the bearings inside of it though!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts