StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to try to modify my front turn signals into marker lights and turn signals too.
I bought 2 light sockets that fit 89-96 chevys. I got these due to the 90 degree socket. I have one of them cut down to fit the housing, I just need to do some cutting in the housing so I can glue the socket in. The bulb is a 3157. The marker light is 8.3 watts and the turn signal is 27 watts. This should work great, I hope. If this works as I hope, I will do the rear ones too. This should help with being seen better, day and night.

·
Read Only
28 Posts
Signal light mods

Hi,

I did this mod in the back and it works well even though the contrast between the marker and signal is less noticeable than i expected. I took the 12V from the license plate line. The mod i did for the front is to turn on the signal lights 100% of the time at 20W and have them flash dark when signalling. This looks great from a distance and improves the visibility day and night. In fact the top of the signal lights is visible as you ride and serves to remind you to turn them off if left flashing. The mod is simple using 2 relays and 12V i brought in from the OEM grip heater socket under the gas tank. One more thing you need to do is to replace the signal light relay to prevent the unit from flashing fast since the bulb load has been removed from the signal light circuit.

tibor

1 - 2 of 2 Posts