StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is running great, no issues, but it is at the 24k (km) mark and due for a valve check.

My upcoming trip will add another 6000km bring it over 30k. Should I take it in for that check, or just say screw it and ride?

I have already done the oil/filter/brakes/fluids, so really all that is left is to check air filter, valve check and check spark plugs. With it running so well I am afraid they will change something and mess it up.

Has anyone ever had their valves adjusted at 24k? or is that a waste of money to check?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had my valves checked at 15K miles. They did not need adjusting. But the exhaust valves were slightly out at 30k miles.

Same story with my spark plugs.

Keep an eye on your chain wear and brake pads as well.

Happy Trails!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Also did mine at 15k miles. Had a few that were a little on the tight side. Set them all to middle or loose side of spec.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
With the ride....I assume you want to make the ride....I would wait on the valves. The air filter and plugs could wait too and do everything upon return.

I have a rule. Never do complicated work close to a big/important ride (assuming bike seems fine)....bad JuJu....bad Karma....could befall you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts