StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riders I have spent the last week or so in this area work related driving a 4x4 with a big bar.I seriously haven't seen wildlife so abundant,the fore shore of Blowering is crawling with roos and they, as a lot would know ,enter via the national park on the adjacent side,this is easily a 120kpm road can I suggest caution,regards.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Tar for the heads up Windi. Has always been a bad area, should be called death valley :yikes: there's that many roo carcasses along the road. still worth the ride though. I think by next spring the whole country will be crawling (or hopping) with wildlife :furious:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yeah thanks Windi. I intend doing that road early next week! Will keep the speed down and the eyes peeled:yikes:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:thumbup:Got it in one:thumbup: Doing a 5 day trip with a mate on Sprint 955

The wee is being badly neglected ATM:thumbdown:
A nice 5 dayer yum,dawn and dusk of course is the rule stretch,but the buggers seem to be disobeying that,it is just the 40k Tumut/Talbingo section along Blowering that is a problem once out of there it is due diligence as is the norm,rabbits--Chops is right,a perfect breeding season will see next spring a real problem,take care enjoy.

·
Registered
456 Posts
A nice 5 dayer yum,dawn and dusk of course is the rule stretch,but the buggers seem to be disobeying that,it is just the 40k Tumut/Talbingo section along Blowering that is a problem once out of there it is due diligence as is the norm,rabbits--Chops is right,a perfect breeding season will see next spring a real problem,take care enjoy.
I can remember many years ago along that same stretch of road at a fair rate on a FJ1200 and over a crest on a bend and here are 2 horses in the middle of the road, think they were wild Brumbys!:jawdrop::jawdrop:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can remember many years ago along that same stretch of road at a fair rate on a FJ1200 and over a crest on a bend and here are 2 horses in the middle of the road, think they were wild Brumbys!:jawdrop::jawdrop:
stretch,no idea of your planned route but I understand Brown Mountain pass is out indefinitely.

·
Registered
456 Posts
stretch,no idea of your planned route but I understand Brown Mountain pass is out indefinitely.
Brown Mtn was one the possible routes!!!

Plan A is to head down to Pambula then up the hill to Bombala, Jindabyne, Berridale, Adaminaby, Talbingo. Might stay at the CC

Better check the RTA road closures website on Sat!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts