StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to break into the market but noone wants to sell their VStrom! While other bikes are a dime a dozen, I can't find any of these (maybe it is too early in the season). I test rode a 2008 with 7k yesterday and got the price down to $4400 but it really has no features (soft bags and a bigger windshield). Is this an ok deal or should I wait?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Check out SupraTramp's post on brand new 2011's for $5500. They're at the Suzuki dealer in Deland, FL, and they'll ship.

Even adding tax etc., getting a new bike for used-bike money seems like a no-brainer to me.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Check Craigslist twice daily for all regions reasonably near you. Have your cash ready so you can be first on a deal where the seller needs to sell quickly and will take less money.

Keep in mind that there always must be two factors in a negotiation. If the buyer wants to get a lower price, what will he give up? Timing might be a factor and you've gott'a be willing to wait for a deal, then jump on it. If the seller wants to get a quick sale, what will he give up? Top price might be it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Trying to break into the market but noone wants to sell their VStrom! While other bikes are a dime a dozen, I can't find any of these (maybe it is too early in the season). I test rode a 2008 with 7k yesterday and got the price down to $4400 but it really has no features (soft bags and a bigger windshield). Is this an ok deal or should I wait?
There is always a possibility that you may simply have to pay what the market will bear. Around here, Stroms, especially the 650s have a pretty strong resale so theres no need to give one away. Guess you got to decide how bad you want one.
I would imagine around here a really clean '08 with those kind of miles would bring $4400 without much problem. If I had it I'd price it $500 over KBB the first sunny week we have and probably get it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check out SupraTramp's post on brand new 2011's for $5500. They're at the Suzuki dealer in Deland, FL, and they'll ship.

Even adding tax etc., getting a new bike for used-bike money seems like a no-brainer to me.

Thanks, I contacted them, it was a demo bike but its sold :headbang:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts