StromTrooper banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
14,458 Posts
Conversely, what's the point of thread crapping on someone who is trying to learn about their new bike? Hope you have a good day.
I don't think anyone is crapping on you. The reality is you have a DL1000 with an adventure "Package" but if you want to think of it as an Adventure "Model" go right ahead. You don't; need anyone else to validate you. Your owner's manual is titled the same as my 2015 DL1000 (non adventure package.) If you looked at the shop manual there is nothing to distinguish the adventure package for a normal one.

Point is that it isn't an adventure "Model". It's a normal 2014 DL1000 with some accessories added to it. There isn't any difference in the bike mechanically or electronically compared to any other 2014-2017 DL1000. That's not a bad thing as I thought my 2015 DL1000 was an awesome bike to ride! If the DL1050 XA didn't have the improvements over my 2015 DL1000 I wouldn't have sold my DL1000 at only 235,000 km.

Enjoy the amazing bike you have!

..Tom

·
Registered
116 Posts
Because I am trying to figure out what I have or don't have.

If you read the title of the thread, you would see I clearly asked if what I had was the Adventure model or not. So that would be the point, in case you didn't comprehend that part.

Conversely, what's the point of thread crapping on someone who is trying to learn about their new bike? Hope you have a good day.
Wow, all I did was ask a question not sure how that’s “thread crapping”. Also once you figure out what kind of bike YOU OWN what will you do with said information going forward?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't think anyone is crapping on you. The reality is you have a DL1000 with an adventure "Package" but if you want to think of it as an Adventure "Model" go right ahead. You don't; need anyone else to validate you. Your owner's manual is titled the same as my 2015 DL1000 (non adventure package.) If you looked at the shop manual there is nothing to distinguish the adventure package for a normal one.

Point is that it isn't an adventure "Model". It's a normal 2014 DL1000 with some accessories added to it. There isn't any difference in the bike mechanically or electronically compared to any other 2014-2017 DL1000. That's not a bad thing as I thought my 2015 DL1000 was an awesome bike to ride! If the DL1050 XA didn't have the improvements over my 2015 DL1000 I wouldn't have sold my DL1000 at only 235,000 km.

Enjoy the amazing bike you have!

..Tom
Thank you, absolutely NOT thread crapping. But based on the reply from a guy that owns a motorcycle and can’t figure out what it is, doesn’t surprise me at all.

·
Registered
2012 DL650A
140 Posts
Because I am trying to figure out what I have or don't have.

If you read the title of the thread, you would see I clearly asked if what I had was the Adventure model or not. So that would be the point, in case you didn't comprehend that part.

I think they were asking "why do you want to know?" I have the same question. What will you be able to do with the information?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
So by the looks of it, mine is an Adventure model? View attachment 294704 View attachment 294705 View attachment 294706

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Harley Davidson had a great Print ad some years back, lamenting about all the obsessive minutiae of the day and ended with the tag line, "Screw It. Let's Ride." Every motorcycle ever made is an adventure bike; the confirmation is in your soul, not a sticker on the tank or a specific digit in the VIN.
Wood Font Rectangle Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

• Love
Reactions: Stromation

·
Registered
2015 V-Strom 1000 ADV, 2017 DRZ 400 SM
759 Posts
My 2015 was actually sold as the DL1000A ADV model. As others have pointed out it just meant I paid for added accessories that purchased separately would have been a bit more. The only valuable add-ons in my opinion we're the engine guards (very good to excellent) and possibly the slightly wider windscreen. IMO the belly cowling, the flimsy hand guards and plastic side cases were pretty worthless.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stromation
21 - 29 of 29 Posts