StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new bike is a 2014 DL1000A according to the VIN plate, manufacture date of 3/2014

It has ABS and Traction Control.

I am seeing stuff online about 2 versions? Adventure and regular? Which do I have? I have also seen that there wasn't an Adventure model in 2014?

It does have Suzuki hard side bags keyed the same as my ignition. if it matters, also had handguards too, but they are in a box right now because of the throttle lock. View attachment 294496

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 DL1000ADV 2016 DR650SE
71 Posts
In 2014 the adventure model had the hard side bags, hand guards, crash bars, and a plastic lower engine cowling.
Also they all had black gas tanks. Just like the one pictured above.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do have crash bars, handguards in my room, and hard side bags keyed the same as my ignition. Not sure aboit the little oil filter guard, I don't have that, but I do have a big skidplate

Have also heard thay in 14-15 Adventure was only in black? My bike is mostly black, but is grey on the very top

·
Registered
87 Posts
The skid plate shown is OEM, yours was probably replaced with an aftermarket plate. Mine has a Suzuki aftermarket skid plate, much more heavy duty. Congrats on the purchase.

·
Administrator
14,463 Posts
IIRC the 2014 DL1000 "Adventure" Model was little more than accessories added to the bike. It isn't a different distinct model, just a marketing accessories package.

..Tom

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
The 2014 ADV package also came with two windshields. The 2nd one is taller with that pronounced lip on the top.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts