StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He Group...

Back after a long hiatus ...going to pull the trigger on a new left over 2018 1000...

Trying to confirm the only difference in Canada are the wheels on the XT have spokes , the handle bars on the XT are of larger diameter... and it weighs a tiny bit more according to the specification.

Anyone but me notice the fueling is a bit off..any fix for this ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have not noticed any problems at all with the fueling, but after coming off a Super Tenere any fueling would feel better.

I did put an aftermarket (Yoshimura) muffler on mine from new, so not sure if that cured a problem I didn't know about.

Regards Bob

·
Administrator
16,794 Posts
I have not noticed any problems at all with the fueling, but after coming off a Super Tenere any fueling would feel better.

I did put an aftermarket (Yoshimura) muffler on mine from new, so not sure if that cured a problem I didn't know about.

Regards Bob

What year Tenere did you have?

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
My 12 Tenere was horrible, very snatchy at low speeds to the point that it wasn't even fun. I think the 18 DL1K is very smooth by comparison. Still not as good at slower speed as the 650, but acceptable.

The XT has spokes and a fat bar, that's the difference.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
yes those are the only differences. The fueling on my 18 does seem a little more snatchy at low speeds compered to my 14 but it could be that I got used to other bikes between them and that's why it feels different (I had a Concours, ST1300 and a VStrom 650 between the 14 and 18 1000. I don't tend to keep bikes very long lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts