StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
5,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, this post is intentionally cryptic.

A new aftermarket seat will be become available for the 2012 and newer DL650 at the end of February. I am sworn to secrecy so I can't say who is making it. I can say that the few who have tried it say that it has "very" high quality construction and materials, more comfortable than a Sargent or Corbin, and less expensive too.

A major web based cycle parts review will occur about the same time we get the first example.

I would like to set up some kind of early buyer "try it before you buy" program for interested owners. Let me know if you have creative ideas of how this can work.

Contact Us - AdventureTech, LLC.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,424 Posts
As popular as the 650 is I think a Dealer/manufacturer could consider a try it before you buy it option. Even send a "used" or "demo" seat to a customer and if he likes it ( assuming they put down an appropriate deposit ) send them a "new" seat. They could ship the demo back for the next owner to try. Or they could keep it if they wanted.

Anyone that has ridden a bike with a really good seat knows they are everything to enjoying an all day ride. Commuting 50 miles one way isn't the same!

National Cycle has a deal like that where certain BMW dealers stock windscreens for demo rides. Ride in, install one, and try it out! I'll bet the buy rate after the ride is pretty high!

·
Registered
440 Posts
As popular as the 650 is I think a Dealer/manufacturer could consider a try it before you buy it option.
Harley-Davidson does this and it's a good idea. You can try any after-mart seat they sell as they stock samples for almost all of them. Go to a dealer, they put the seat on and keep yours until you bring it back.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It would be easier to have a "money back" guarantee, don't like the seat? Send it back for a refund minus shipping, no questions asked. This assumes you will be using a new seat pan.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Listening :mrgreen:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Given that a new Sargent or Corbin runs $400 to $750, I have been reluctant to bite. Especially given the many folks that have tried seat after seat. It makes it easy to talk myself out of it. I am interested, but I would have to know the price and what the terms were.

Heck, if I tried it and didn't like it and returned it, I would even be agreeable to a restock fee and paying the return shipping if it weren't too exhorbitant.

Aside from a cruise control, a better seat is the one other thing I most wish for on the bike.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I would be interested as well. A money back deal with a reasonable re-stocking fee seems like a good idea. I think a lot of folks (including me) are reluctant to commit $400 or $500 to a seat knowing they are stuck even if they don't like it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would be interested also only if there was a higher than stock version available.
As others have said I would not object to a reasonable restocking fee if the seat did not work for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts