StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I've been lurking here for a few months, and finally got my orange strom this weekend. I love it!
Since it's now my primary vehicle I decided that the first thing I need to get is a trunk. I've read all the posts on trunks and I've decided to go with the JCW. Here's my question: I've seen the medium and large ones that most of you use, but there's another one that I'd like some feedback on if anyone has it. Do any of you use this one? http://beta.jcwhitney.com/jcwhitney...Id=2002510&GrpCount=5&shopid=100003&pageid=12
It's got great reviews, and I think I like the dimentions better.
Thanks in advance,
Chad

·
Registered
285 Posts
That's a nice looking trunk, but here's something to think about. If your Strom is your primary vehicle, get a bigger trunk. You'll appreciate it when you have to get groceries.

I bought the Bestem, which is about the same as the JC Whitney large trunk. I thought about getting the medium one, but I'm glad I got the large. My laptop case fits in it, or I can put a full-face helmet, gloves, and jacket in it for a quick stop.

If you get a smaller trunk, you'll probably want to add some side luggage sooner rather than later.

FWIW.

Bob

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Go bigger. That's as tall as any of the larger trunks, just narrower. So having a larger trunk wouldn't really change the look of the bike, except for the width.

My trunk isn't the biggest out there, at 45 liters, but the space sure is nice. I normally keep my rain gear, a bungee net, sunscreen, a little first-aid kit, and a couple other things back there. It's really nice to be able to put the helmet on the helmet lock and easily put my jacket in the trunk.

Mine will also hold all that (except for the jacket) and the 12-pack I might decide to pick up on the way home. Or some groceries, or a brief case, books, files, my scanner, or any number of other things I might need.

OTOH, there are some really huge trunks out there, maybe you might find some really are too big. The 'strom is a pretty beefy bike though, not much looks too big on it.

Here's my bike sporting it's Givi E45s. I wouldn't want a trunk any smaller.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
large

even my E52 lets me down when i want to stuff a jacket and helmet in there with some other odds and ends . my E52 has transformed my bike into a small pickup truck great for grocerys and stuff . i even carryed a full 20 lb propane bottle for the BBQ .

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
My trunk isn't the biggest out there, at 45 liters, but the space sure is nice. I normally keep my rain gear, a bungee net, sunscreen, a little first-aid kit, and a couple other things back there. It's really nice to be able to put the helmet on the helmet lock and easily put my jacket in the trunk.
+1......I have an E45 now, and had a K48 on my last bike, I would not want any smaller. In fact, I find my E45 actually even "looks" small on the bike...maybe just because it's more square than round?

If you are going with a top case only, no side bags, then I would buy a 52L myself for sure.

Here's mine:

·
Registered
239 Posts
big is good

If you go with a bigger case, by some motorcycle magic, you will find ways to use the space, and yet nearly always need just a bit more. Buying big will save the step of needing to replace the small one.Your Wee will carry more, go faster and get better mpg, when you remove the stickers:p Enjoy your ride! Dave:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
+1
Get the biggest trunk you can. I have a 47 litre Givi and it's easy to fill when you're doing errands.
It also makes a good backrest without a pad.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
+1......I have an E45 now, and had a K48 on my last bike, I would not want any smaller. In fact, I find my E45 actually even "looks" small on the bike...maybe just because it's more square than round?

If you are going with a top case only, no side bags, then I would buy a 52L myself for sure.

Here's mine:

Love your setup... suits the bike... I went with pelicans myself, but yours looks sweet...

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Thanks for all the advise guys, looks like I'll go with the JCW large box.
First time you stop at the store to pick up a gallon of milk, two boxes of cereal, brick of coffee, toothpaste, 6-pack of longnecks, and a pizza, you'll thank us. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts