StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks as if I am going to be making a trip from the Daytona Beach area of Florida up to Oakmont, PA. to visit my aunt. Rally do not want to make it a complete super slab trip. Do any of you Troopers in the West Virginia/Virginia area have an alternate roure/routes that would get off the slab and see some real country? Looks like the trip is somwhere around the 4th/5th of June. My first day out I like to get as many miles as possible, trying for 650 to 700. That part of the trip will be slab riding, the rest I hope to do secondary roads. any help will be much appreciated. Responses here or: Email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
80 Posts
Pittsburgh Trip

Jim,

If you are riding vs driving, I can probably recommend some interesting routes.

I was born and raised in Johnstown, PA (80 miles) east of Pittsburgh and lived in Blacksburg, VA for about 5 years.

I am very familiar with roads in W North Carolina, SW Virginia, West Virginia.

Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
314 Posts
I live in the east suburbs of Pittsburgh and ride in WV all the time. Check out my web site for info on some fine WV roads: www.MotoRoads.net

Some good options to consider:

- 311 from Roanoke to White Sulphur Springs
- 33 from Harrisonburg thru Seneca Rocks to Elkins
- 39 from Hot Springs to Marlington
- 250 from jct 42 (near Staunton) thru Monterey to jct 219
- 219 north of Elkins
- 250 west of Fairmont
- 310 from Grafton to Fairmont
- 72 from Parsons to Kingwood, then 26 north to Bruceton Mills
- 381 (in PA, near Farmington) to end at route 30 near Ligonier

I could go on and on. Check out a map and rough out a plan, then I can help fill in details.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PA. trip

Thanks guys for the help. Will look into the roads mentioned and get back to you soon.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Roads to Travel

I went up US220 from Covington, VA to Petersburg WV- great ride. At Covington there were twisties like Tail of Dragon only about 1 mile though. Also US 219 thru WV is suppose to be great _there's a web site for this one
Don Sandala

·
Registered
984 Posts
New Stromer

Just picked up my ' 07 650 last week. Traded my ' 03 1200 Bandit for it. Have been riding for 31 years and the 'Strom is one of the most fun bikes I've owned since my first ( CB400F ) and my RD350LC ( Canadian spec ). I live in WNY and would like to meet and ride with some fellow 'Stromers. My e-mail is [email protected]. Somebody drop me a line.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!

Due to time constraints and family issues, it looks as if I am going to have to superslab it at least on the way up. Coming home may be a different story. I have all of the suggested routes saved, so I can explore on the the return trip. Really do appreciate the help and maybe we can get together some other time..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts