StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Just read the last installment for the second time in 2 weeks. Glad to have been part of it all. Just thinking of last year's gathering in Tellico Plains brings a smile to my face.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I'm with you there Bob, just finished it and it's a strange feeling i get as i long for those day's a year and a half ago. Now everyones gone. G, Dan and scott are not riding anymore,..well, maybe G but i guess we won't see him again. Balasz' won't be able to come back anytime soon. Bob is 4000 miles away or so. It was a once in a lifetime trip for us all. Funny how sometimes everyone just clicks. I see the pics again and wish...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Was aimlessly tooling through the site and decided to check out the trip section. I'm glad I did! Your stories brought back fond memories of my own journey to a special place, with special people. It was also fun to have my name mentioned--glad our little session helped to keep you out of harm's way later on. I know what you mean about things working out--I had similar lucky experiences on my motorcycle trip to Europe in '97. I can also relate to the lump in the throat feeling from having something come to an end that you wish could go on forever. Reading J-Reb's comments it was kinda sad to know that some of the participants no longer ride. I don't plan on giving it up any time soon, and in fact I strongly wish to keep on helping save lives in Indiana through our safety program for as long as I possibly can. Thank you for your most entertaining and touching series and the feelings and memories it inspired in me. Much good luck and safe riding for you for many, many years to come, my friend.

loblo

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
loblo, good to see you again. Hope all is well.

Sure was a good time. You and Balasz' bonded at the end of the picnic table:) A beautiful woman in leathers(catwoman) showed up and stayed the night. Came in on a v strom no less... Wonder who..she was?

Great food..drinks ...friends....cool. Awesome memories..

Funny seeing the rain in the pics balasz' took the morning everyone left. I busted out real early to try and miss it. I just made it, but the ride back over the mountains in the predawn mist/fog was an amazing ride. Just remembered it.

Oh yeahh, the rest of the rides were good too:)..J.R.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
You mean about this?
:p

And this:

I would say the trip from Tellico was really scary.
I've never ridden in such weather conditions before. Fog and rain. But huge amount! I was riding on Matt's CBR, which was almost unknown for me, moreover it had shaking front brakes, unusual engine characteristic and seat position. And G was riding in front of me. No wonder I had no chance to keep up with him. G is a very good rider anyway, so to be honest I couldn't follow him even if I would have been riding on my own DL...

Guys, I miss you so!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
G has never seen the back of a strom unless it was parked:)

Good to hear from you!! Hope all is well and just maybe we'll get to ride together again.. take care J.R.

·
Registered
75 Posts
re: pictures

Geez, talk about your helmet hair!

J-R, I'm tasting those steaks you procured (and Shep fixed up) at this moment.....
MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Maybe we should plan a reunion tour minus those who won't reunionize. How much is one of those round trip tickets to the U.S. Balasz? An offhand figure would be fine.

I'd sure do it again..J.R.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've met mokusbajusz last week. We were together in Germany for 8th International V-Strom Meeting. He is a great fella!

It is a very nice reading of his trip in the USA. Great !!!

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Same feelings about you Slavo!

As I'm lurking here, I decided to read my report again. Besides I found some grammar errors I felt like ants were marching on my back. We say it in Hungary when there is a feeling which makes your memories awaking, you got impressions, you are excited, etc.
As Slavo mentioned there was a very nice trip in Germany, but not comparable to this one.

I'm visiting quite rarely this forum nowadays, there are many things I'm dealing with, but whenever I come here the ants become active...:cool:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Every time I come into this area of the forum, I see this nine year old thread sticky at the top of the section. Is there a reason? Just curious.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
It was a big deal at the time. Ride reports in general got a lot of attention from the original owner as you can see by all the archival work. Later moderators haven't paid as much attention to the area.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Every time I come into this area of the forum, I see this nine year old thread sticky at the top of the section. Is there a reason? Just curious.
Perhaps it is some kind of expression of appreciation for those great fellow riders who made possible THE biggest experience in my life. Even after so many years I story about that trip to friends, colleagues, family members etc. And now, as I type this response those amazing memories come up again.

Thanks to that trip I met a lot of very nice folks and imagine, one of them has visited me over here! Of course I hosted him. We have spent a week together and I showed him as much as I could. Lucky me, Hungary is quite small :smile2:. Actually he invited me before and that was the 2nd time I put my feet to the land of Florida. Since then we regularly email, call or skype with each other. I guess I can say we became friends.

So dear Mastery, if you did not read it as a whole I suggest you to do so. And after reading, if you still think it needs to be archived, please contact a moderator.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Squirrel stash visits once more. A blast from the past. I don't even know how to archive a thread. :grin2:

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
I've never seen this thread; in fact, when it was first written, I didn't even own a V-Strom. I did, however, live right in that part of Pennsylvania that Mokusbajusz passed through. Been to the PA Grand Canyon many times, rode my bicycle on the Rails to Trails all the way from Jersey Shore to Wellsboro. And yes, that climb down the steps on the Turkey Path is a long one.

I did do a double take when I saw the photo of the helmetless rider on the Harley, because I thought it was me!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I just saw it for the first time myself, and have read the 1st page. I'm gonna save it a read a page at a time.
Great write up mokusbajusz.

·
Administrator
17,096 Posts
I got to actually meet him......good dude.

Reactions: mokusbajusz

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
I don't know why you were worried that no one spoke Hungarian; your grasp of English is pretty damn fine, and your writing is great. Certainly leaps and bounds beyond my grasp of Hungarian (which is pretty much zero). I'm bookmarking this thread so I can go back and read it in its entirety, as soon as I'm done doing my oil change.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts