StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey new guy, here. Great site, great info.

Well I just got back from trying to buy the new Wee but no soap. They only had an adventure and I really want the vanilla. Plus they are not willing to go down on price at all, at all.

I'm guessing I'll hold off for a few months and see how things shake out. Maybe they'll have a 2nd run or I'll wait for the 2013s to come out. It is a nice bike and I can swee why so many people love these things.

I also checked out a Vee but the clutch pull on that seemed crazy hard compared to the Wee. There were some BMWs as well and for 4 year old motorcycles the fit, finish and quality of parts was stunning as were the prices.

Fun day nonetheless and thanks once more for all the cool info here.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Isn't there like 1000 dealers in SoCal? :confused:

I understand Cali is a bit more expensive with everything though.

Keep at it I say. About 25% of the dealers acutally give discounted prices it seems. They are tough to find sometimes. You still have until the end of May for the 0% financing though.

·
Registered
220 Posts
It will be tough to get any dealer to go lower on the price of a new 2012 wee as it is a high selling model. However, you can always get them to throw in a few perks. I got them to throw in my lowering links plus the installation. I also never paid any freight or PDI, which amounts to about a $750 savings in total

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Tiger 800 $11,799.
BMW F650GS $9,255.
V-Strom $8.299.

So how much of a discount do you expect?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
That BMW GS800 looks like a sweet bike too. They are around $13k aren't they?

KTM SMT is my go to bike if I had loads of cash though. The Ducati Multistrada seems a bit much for a dual sport.

The Vstrom is an awesome bike for the price though. Much better value! :yesnod:

·
Registered
69 Posts
bikes

I do not know where you are at in so cal but simi valley dealer has one of both and we just bought two last week so he has no trouble getting them.

Respectfully Doug:yesnod:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the tips you guys.

Simi Valley is a ways away but I'll try hitting them up if I can get some time from SWMBO. I'm not looking for a steep discount but just playing the game and a little reduction if possible. I've been reading these forums and some people seem to get deep into the 7s for this bike.

·
Registered
220 Posts

Simi Valley is a ways away but I'll try hitting them up if I can get some time from SWMBO. I'm not looking for a steep discount but just playing the game and a little reduction if possible. I've been reading these forums and some people seem to get deep into the 7s for this bike.
Well, if it will make you feel any better, I paid $10,199 (PDI, Freight. lowering links incl.) for the Touring edition (same price as the adventure model), here in Canada, and in Australia and UK, they paid a hell of a lot more. My philosophy is that if you want it, BUY IT! You only live once:thumbup:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Tiger 800 $11,799.
BMW F650GS $9,255.
V-Strom $8.299.

So how much of a discount do you expect?
Exactly.

Sheesh.

And then people complain that the V-Strom has "cheap forks" etc.

It's a great value and super reliable bike that rides sweet, don't sweat the list price.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Funny, that's exactly my same philosophy too.. :hurray:
Couldn't agree more. Why let half the riding season or the whole summer go by for a 2013 model, when u can get the bike you fancy now. Not worth waiting for a few bucks off, esp. w no interest for 5 yrs.

·
Registered
74 Posts

I don't know of any that got deep into the 7's in CA. They are selling, and the 0% is making a lot of dealers hold their ground.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts