StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just want to let my fellow Strommers know about the 6th Annual Ride 4 Kids fundraiser ride at White Oak Recreation Area (Jordan Lake) on Sunday May 3rd. We had approximately 500 bikes, 700+ participants, and $138,000 raised during last years ride to fund the research and support programs for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation.

We have an excellent route planned again this year, so please pencil it in on your calendar and come ride with us! The info for the ride is below. Check it out.

www.trianglerideforkids.org

http://www.pbtfus.org/rideforkids/calendar/2009/triangle.html

Want to know why I volunteer for the Ride 4 Kids? Check out the website below.
www.firstgiving.com/mfletcher

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ride 4 Kids

Hows the Vette coming?
Excellent! Can't wait to see you there! The vettes coming along. Ordered a new set of wheels for it which got delivered last week so I could use the stock ones as a set for the track. Purchases in the very near future: Baer slotted and cross drilled rotors w/ high friction pads, and another set of sticky tires. I'm getting prepared for my first track instruction (HPDE 1). Should be a lot of fun! Hopefully it will keep me outta trouble on the street anyways. :-/
:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Triangle Ride 4 Kids

Just wanted to bump this back to the top. The ride is only 4 weeks away. Come ride with us if you can!

www.trianglerideforkids.org

Thanks!
Fletch

·
Registered
156 Posts
It looks like I got kitchen pass to make the ride....

any one interested in getting together somewhere in Apex and ride in together? Or maybe even grab a bit of quick breakfast somewhere?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Triangle Ride 4 Kids

Biscuitville has donated chicken biscuits to give out before the ride, and we are going to have donuts as well. If you are a coffee addict like myself, we will have that too in the leaded and unleaded variety. :) So if you don't have time for breakfast, we'll take care of you. See you at the ride!

Fletch

Oh yeah! I would be glad to ride with you if I weren't volunteering for the ride. Fellow strommers get up with gaj-nc and get a big group of Vstrom's to "Ride to the Ride"!

Take care!

2 Weeks until the ride!

any one interested in getting together somewhere in Apex and ride in together? Or maybe even grab a bit of quick breakfast somewhere?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'll be riding this year!

I have wanted to do this ride for the past two years that I've known about it. The first year I was out of town for work, last year I was sick. This year I'm riding no matter what! :) A good ride for a good cause, can't beat it!

I'll be rolling in from Fuquay so add me to the group to meet up somewhere in Holly Springs or Apex and come in together. Just PM or post back to the forum on where we will be meeting.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have been trying to make this for a couple years now

I should finally be able to this year. I am coming from Wake Forest. What time and where do you want to meet? I guess we need to be there fairly early to get registered and all. I just looked up the web site and it states that registration closes at 8am! With this in mind, what time are you guys planning on getting there?

·
Registered
156 Posts
NCVSTROM, please reread the web site.

I see registration OPENS at 8:00 not closes. I'm guessing with as many bikes as there will be, we probably need to be there around 8:00am. It is probably a 20 minute ride from Apex area, so I'm guessing we could meet around 7:30 in Apex. We have GWC coming from Fuquay and you from Wake Forest and I live in Holly Springs. There is a BoJangles off of Hwy 64 in Apex that we could meet at. That way we would be on the right road heading towards the lake. I'm open to other suggestions though. Or if anyone thinks we need to be there earlier, I'm ok with that as well. I"ll PM the person who originally posted and get there take on what time to be there and then we can decide on a departure time.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I see registration OPENS at 8:00 not closes. I'm guessing with as many bikes as there will be, we probably need to be there around 8:00am. It is probably a 20 minute ride from Apex area, so I'm guessing we could meet around 7:30 in Apex. We have GWC coming from Fuquay and you from Wake Forest and I live in Holly Springs. There is a BoJangles off of Hwy 64 in Apex that we could meet at. That way we would be on the right road heading towards the lake. I'm open to other suggestions though. Or if anyone thinks we need to be there earlier, I'm ok with that as well. I"ll PM the person who originally posted and get there take on what time to be there and then we can decide on a departure time.
Wow, I misread that one! You are right about getting there early though. 7:30am in Apex works for me. Just so I am straight, the Bojangles you are refferring to is on 64 west in a shopping center on the right side of the road, right?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I might be able to join you guys, just not sure how my weekend is going to pan out right now. I have a fishing tourney Saturday and may or may not be at the Beach on Sunday. If I can make it, I'll see you boys at the Bojangles.

·
Registered
48 Posts
7:30 @ Bojangles works for me. See you all there!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wow, I misread that one! You are right about getting there early though. 7:30am in Apex works for me. Just so I am straight, the Bojangles you are refferring to is on 64 west in a shopping center on the right side of the road, right?
Yes, it is the one on Laura Village road. Here is the address: 1209 Laura Village Rd

·
Registered
156 Posts
I might be able to join you guys, just not sure how my weekend is going to pan out right now. I have a fishing tourney Saturday and may or may not be at the Beach on Sunday. If I can make it, I'll see you boys at the Bojangles.
Hope you can make it, if not enjoy the beach.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Alright...I should be there, but that sure is damn early! :mod2_sleep1:
Maybe I'll get a chance to clean off the current 2-inch layer of pollen so she looks purty for the ride photos.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Maybe I'll get a chance to clean off the current 2-inch layer of pollen so she looks purty for the ride photos.
Yea 7:30 is pretty early especially for a weekend. I have no idea what it will be like checking in. I guess, at the worst, we'll stand around eat a few extra donuts and talk about v-stroms. :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
You mean we are supposed to clean them too????? I guess I missed that memo.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts