StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I understand that installing a timing retard eliminator improves performance in 1st thru 4th gears. It sometimes feels like a chore getting up to speed. There was a brief discussion on TREs that ended last August. Can anyone provide any input or experiences post TRE installation.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Been there, done that. Bad idea...

I understand that installing a timing retard eliminator improves performance in 1st thru 4th gears. It sometimes feels like a chore getting up to speed. There was a brief discussion on TREs that ended last August. Can anyone provide any input or experiences post TRE installation.
I have an '03 DL1000 (A real woman's bike) in yellow.

I built an eliminator, tried it for a while, and removed it. Yes, it -did- work and improve the pickup slightly, but overall it wasn't really worth it.

The bike was running way rich all the time, the exhaust smelled really bad, and mileage went down. Forget it.

Get a Power Commander if you have running issues. You won't get something for nothing when it comes to smoothing out the 1000.

Been there, done that.

If you -really- want to try an eliminator out, pm me and we'll talk about my old one that's just sitting on a shelf...

:cool:

·
Banned
307 Posts
I understand that installing a timing retard eliminator improves performance in 1st thru 4th gears. It sometimes feels like a chore getting up to speed. Can anyone provide any input or experiences post TRE installation.
maybe thats why i get a couple more mpg with prem fuel. IOW's i dont need retard eliminator due to prem fuel.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
maybe thats why i get a couple more mpg with prem fuel. IOW's i dont need retard eliminator due to prem fuel.
I don't think the retard eliminator was intended to reduce ping, but to stop the stumbling and farting.

Of course, anyone who is stumbling and farting is probably a retard, or drunk...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts