StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had them on for about 185 miles now. At first they weren't making enough of a difference for me to get very enthusiastic. They were handing sharp bumps much better so I was satisfied with the improvement. Now that they are more broken in and/or the temperature is a little warmer. I've got to say I'm very happy with them. The suspension is much easier on my body while keeping the bike more stable at the same time. I had Sonic springs in before so the change from a stock setup would be even bigger. They are not for folks having a rough time with the economy though. The fork rebuild and shock sock cover was $1395 from Traxxion and the two way shock from SV-Racing Parts was $815. The recommended 10mm preload via the ring collar was too much in my case. Half that was about right for me with no luggage. The manual preload collar has to be turned with the shock off the bike because it is keyed to the hydraulic preload adjuster which includes the hydraulic line. Once that is dialed in, using the hydraulic adjuster to compensate for load is easy. I'll copy a photo from http://www.stromtrooper.com/showthread.php?t=18031&page=10 which has a lot more info on the shock setup.

and my bike.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
C'mon Bailout !

As soon as this economy gets straighten out, I'm gonna apply for a loan to get that Elka. C'mon Bailout ! Work!

P.S. Why doesn't somebody make a good aftermarket rear shock/spring combo for the Strom at an affordable price ?

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
You can buy an Elka w/o preload adjustment which will cost less, but limits the ability to adjust for added load which is an important feature for this bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts