StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm still tossing around this 2011 Wee idea.

Would there be a general opinion one way or the other about the value of selling a set of TRAX side cases/mounts currently on this bike I'm looking at? I really don't care for the look, list looks to be $1080 and I wondered what the market would generally be for a fair price to sell them. Bike has 1200 miles on it and they are in excellent condition.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
37 Posts
You said you were still tossing the 2011 idea; so apparently you have other post I have not read; are the Trax boxes like those sold on the 2012 650 Adventure; Must admit I don't have a answer to you question about value just had not seen an '11 with factory installed Trax boxes;

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm still not versed in the "Adventure" model and what that all means. From what I'm reading it only applies to 2012's????

Anyway, here's the TRAX boxes on the bike I'm looking at. I'm just trying to figure out if there's any value to another Wee owner for these as I don't care for them, and if so, a ballpark number.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you decide to buy the bike, I might be interested in making an offer on the cases. Check your IM's.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you decide to buy the bike, I might be interested in making an offer on the cases. Check your IM's.
+1 on that...let me know if you end up buying

·
Registered
17 Posts
Trax boxes are great. The top opening feature is very handy and the racks are top quality also. You should think twice about selling them- once you've lived w/ them, they make the bike much more useful.

·
Registered
118 Posts
A+ on that! I've found a bike without bags is like pants without pockets; still functional, but not really as useful.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
OK, I'm still tossing around this 2011 Wee idea.

Would there be a general opinion one way or the other about the value of selling a set of TRAX side cases/mounts currently on this bike I'm looking at? I really don't care for the look, list looks to be $1080 and I wondered what the market would generally be for a fair price to sell them. Bike has 1200 miles on it and they are in excellent condition.

Thoughts?
You should probably try to like them if you are going to put something else on, but if they are like new and sell for $1,100, it seems you could reasonably ask $800.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts