StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to break both of the flimsy keys that came with my Trax cases. Of course, they don't sell replacement keys for the cylinders I have, but will only sell you a whole new cylinder and key set. However, how do I get the old locks off? I tried drilling one, but it didn't work very well. Any suggestions, or do I need to take everything to a locksmith?

The cylinder number was 192, in the off chance someone has a spare matched key lying around.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
You can buy replacement lock sets from Twisted Throttle. As to getting the bad lock out, can't help you there. It's mechanical and will take some fiddling. You might have to drill the hinge pin out of the latch and then replace the latch (TT has them). I don't have one in front of me to check. Maybe someone else will chime in. I broke a key in the lock and was able to fish the broken part out with some needle nose pliers. Because of my CRS (can't remember shit) syndrome, I have spare keys for everything stashed or hidden everywhere. The replacement key is a Y11. If you can get the old one out, a locksmith can cut you a replacement using the parts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The locks are actually quite crappy as I think everyone knows. I did lose my keys by leaving them in the lock and riding 30 miles across Baltimore. I watched a couple youtube vids on picking locks and with two paper clips, I had mine open in less than three minutes. The locksmith easily made new keys for me when I dropped the lock off.

·
Premium Member
4,099 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts