StromTrooper banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day Y'all

Sorry I have not been around all that much, a lot of long work days has limited my forum activities drastically. Been real busy working up the funds for the next leg and thought some of you may be interested in tagging along again.

The trip this time is to ride Europe, I fly out today with the 650K9ABS and arrive Frankfurt in a day or so. In a few months or so, ride Russia, some of the Stans if I can sort out visas then China and Asia before heading home, as long as 21st Dec 2012 passes with me up VERY high

If you want to follow me on my blog or Facebook, then please do so, great to have you along, and for those overseas who would like to meet up for a beer, well, that should happen ;)

TravellingStrom's Blog

Cheers
TravellingStrom

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Just a note about the Mayan Calander update on your website.

With the creation of Leap years by the Romans, there have been hundreds of days added to our calander, and the day the Mayans predicted the World to end, that day passed months ago....

I look forward to following your travels however, safe journeys to you Sir!

:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
will keep an eye on your blog, Rich - maybe another debrief at next year's strom meet, mate!

best of luck

aaron

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Just a note about the Mayan Calander update on your website.

With the creation of Leap years by the Romans, there have been hundreds of days added to our calander, and the day the Mayans predicted the World to end, that day passed months ago....

I look forward to following your travels however, safe journeys to you Sir!

:thumbup:
Even more to the point:

"There is nothing in the Maya or Aztec or ancient Mesoamerican prophecy to suggest that they prophesied a sudden or major change of any sort in 2012," said Mayanist scholar Mark Van Stone. "The notion of a "Great Cycle" coming to an end is completely a modern invention." In 1990, Mayanist scholars Linda Schele and David Freidel argued that the Maya, "did not conceive this to be the end of creation, as many have suggested."[25] Susan Milbrath, curator of Latin American Art and Archaeology at the Florida Museum of Natural History, stated that, "We have no record or knowledge that [the Maya] would think the world would come to an end," in 2012.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks chaps, as for the Mayans, it was an excuse to go for a ride, I have been using that excuse for 4 years now, and I went for a ride and am still doing so.

I am better off for it I reckon :)

Glad you can come along

Cheers
TS

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
In Istanbul, ready to head south towards the Iraq border area

I hope he get a less warm welcome than the guys in uniform do. I imagine the people and the scenery would be wonderful if it weren't for political and religious turmoils.
Seeing the cradle of civilization would be fascinating.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, it has been a while since I posted, so the general theme has been, I rode to the south to a place called Gobekli Tepe(look it up) then west along the coast, into Greece, then Bulgaria, Macedonia, back into western Greece, into Albania where I crashed, then into Montenegro where I am now.

It is lovely and sunny and I am about to go for a ride :) The scenery is spectacuar here.

Here are a few appetisers

Vstrom down video

Vstrom Down - Bike Crash Albania.wmv - YouTube

And Montenegro scenery

This is the link to the latest update, yesterday

2012 May 17 « TravellingStrom's Blog

Cheers from Montenegro
TravellingStrom

·
Registered
384 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Priceless video... :mrgreen: I think if he understood English he'll definitely "indicate" before he performs a U-turn next time.

Oh, I subscribed to your YouTube channel too. :thumbup:
Cheers

And I think he understands sign language

:)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts