StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I will be able to fly out of BsAs early next week and will land in LA. I will be carrying a lot of stuff but because I then want to go visit people, I do not want to carry everything.

If someone has some space, can I leave some stuff at their place for a few weeks please? I would also need a bed for a night before I wander off, then again on my return before I fly out back to Oz on the 26th Feb, also from LAX.

If anyone can help, please let me know, I promise not to bore you too much with travel stories

Cheers
TravellingStrom

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well I can't help from where I am. but hopefully when you get back to OZ we can catch up for a chat about your travelling adventure. Respect you for what you achieved mate. Well done.

Cheers,

Veg

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I hate to suggest this but how about posting in a different thread title, say, General Vstrom Discussion or Off topic & member therapy. I almost made a post there myself to bring your request out in the open so to speak. I know you have it in the correct title, but maybe not the one that everyone is reading very often. I just happened on this myself. Wish you best of luck anyway. Don't give up.:fineprint:

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I figure putting it in the correct spot to start will not get me ousted by a mod. Also, if people click on the new posts button, then they would see the title and can chose to read it or not.

That said, I have no control over other peoples surfing habits, I still have a few days yet. If I get no response by Tuesday, well then I can start to think of other avenues and I have cross posted this on a number or other forums as well.

Cheers
TS

·
Registered
69 Posts
I can help

Richard:

I have been holding back hopng that someone closer to LAX can help. But I can. My wife and I live in Newport Beach, Ca which is in Orange County about 50 miles south of LAX.

Public transportation in SoCal is not real good so I would be happy to pick you up at LAX and bring you to our house and you are welcome to stay overnight. I am retired and so time is no problem. I can help you with your subsequent travels and take you back to LAX when you are ready to return to Oz.

My direct email is [email protected] and my cell is 949-244-1496.

Let me know if I can help. I will send this message by direct email to you as well.

David

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi djmarchand

Thanks for the kind offer

As my flight arrives at LAX at 11pm Thursday, that would be a major effort as it is a very horrible time, I was probably going to get a hotel close to LAX. As much as I like the offer, I am afraid it it would be too much hassle for you especially that far away, a pity though.

I also just checked my flight to Oz and it also leaves late, 10.30pm on the 26th the following week, so both are at very horrible times.

But, I do appreciate the offer

Cheers
Richard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts