StromTrooper banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a complete map kit for the TAT that hasn't even been opened. I would sell it for a very reasonable price. I was going to do it with a friend but the friend ended up not being able to do it at all. So I have sold the smaller bike I was going to use and now have the map kit which I don't need. For an older rider, a smaller bike would be preferred. I could never pick up my Vee if it went over, as it did one time in Colorado. Dirt means broken rock in Colorado, from small to fist size or larger. I rode quite a bit there on my 450 dirt bike when I was in my late 60s and it was a chore, but worth it.
I sent you a PM about the map kit..
JP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I was about to purchase a well prepped DR650 and the seller changed his plans on me, then I came across the DRZ and decided it would work out pretty well, suspension and other nice mods already done.
My initial plan is to do some camping and some hotel stays, as we all know, sometimes plans don’t work out and improvisation is necessary. Hope to find some state parks and other campgrounds with facilities but haven’t gotten that far in the planning yet. I hope to try to pack as lightly as possible to be prepared. A lot of weight seems like it will lessen the fun factor and the handling of the bike. Its def on my list to do and should be a great experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well I went ahead and purchased a good DR650. I don't have much off road experience but this bike is great on gravel and in the woods. I nearly idled up through the woods that was a bit of a trial for my Vstrom XT. This will be the bike I use on the TAT.
DR650 from Akron.jpg

I have a complete map kit for the TAT that hasn't even been opened. I would sell it for a very reasonable price. I was going to do it with a friend but the friend ended up not being able to do it at all. So I have sold the smaller bike I was going to use and now have the map kit which I don't need. For an older rider, a smaller bike would be preferred. I could never pick up my Vee if it went over, as it did one time in Colorado. Dirt means broken rock in Colorado, from small to fist size or larger. I rode quite a bit there on my 450 dirt bike when I was in my late 60s and it was a chore, but worth it.
Did you sell your TAT map kit?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well I went ahead and purchased a good DR650. I don't have much off road experience but this bike is great on gravel and in the woods. I nearly idled up through the woods that was a bit of a trial for my Vstrom XT. This will be the bike I use on the TAT. View attachment 272135

Did you sell your TAT map kit?
Good looking DR . I checked with Bob on the map kit, it was a paper set that he decided to use for a Jeep trip. I will order the digital micro/sd maps from GPSKevin. Pretty much plug and play from what I have read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 23 of 23 Posts