StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back a week ago from 2 1/2 weeks and 4,400 miles on one of the non-Stroms and planning to leave Sept 20 for a 5,000 mile jaunt on the Strom.
It is time to start planning another ride.

Anyone interested and have access to the time off and finances for a trip on the Trans America Trail??? If you are not familiar with the TAT search google or YouTube.

There would still be time for a 3-4 week trip this year but I'm more likely looking at early (in the riding season) next year.

Just like an Alaska trip, it takes money and time so, if you have to worry about the cost of tires, this ain't a trip for you. Heck, I don't want to use the Strom for the Trail so I am buying another bike for the trip.

Feel free to post or PM me.

·
Premium Member
3,463 Posts
My TAT group made it to the Mississippi River last year before "disintegrating with antipathy vs in-culpability". I was not involved and tried to continue on but it didn't work out and I bailed short of the Ozarks. The strom did fine along with a Husky 650, a KLR and a AT.

Actually headed West on 7 Sept for Moab and surrounding area for a three week ride. Here is the trip report from 2 years ago and updated today:
https://www.stromtrooper.com/ride-reports-route-sheets/343769-giant-ragweed-abatement-tour-2016-tennessee-utah-08-15-a.html

Btw, weather-wise inmho ref TAT, fall is much better for drier weather...TAT mud west of the big Muddy can be a bitch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts